Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast App Crashes Immediately on iPad Air

Very strange but starting today the Podcasts app will crash almost immediately upon launching on my iPad Air. The OS and the app are the latest versions and I have reinstalled the app several times. It works without issue on my iPhone 5s though. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Posted on Jun 26, 2014 12:40 PM

21 replies

Jun 26, 2014 12:48 PM in response to Todd Sizemore

It's worked fine for me for months, until today. On my iphone 5 I opened the Podcasts app this morning and it crashed immediately. Restarted the phone, same. Reinstalled the app and restarted the phone, same.

There doesn't seem to be any recent updates to the app that would cause different behavior. I did install the Uber app last night, that's the only phone change lately.

Jun 26, 2014 1:12 PM in response to actusreus

Me too on my iPone 4s.

If you turn off cellular data for Podcasts, and turn off wifi then the app does not crash. Obviously you can't download any more podcasts but it suggests to me that there is some sort of iTunes server problem rather than a problem on the phone itself. I've tried deleting the app, restarting the phone and re-installing the app and this does not help.

Hope Apple fixes this soon!

Jun 26, 2014 1:39 PM in response to Todd Sizemore

This also started to happen to me today, just today. iPhone 5S, iOS 7.1.1, Podcasts version 2.1.2.

I had one podcast (Le Show, by Harry Shearer) that was giving me trouble; it hadn't successfully downloaded either to my laptop nor to my iPhone in the past three weeks. Last night I deleted it, thinking I was probably hooked up to an older, problematic feed. I resubscribed in iTunes, and everything seemed to work fine. I was able to get two recent episodes, and (I thought) sync them to my iPhone

Just now I got in my car to run some errands. That podcast wasn't there. I came back into the house to sync again, and when I launched Podcasts on my phone, it crashed as soon as I tried to make any selection from within the app. That is, it opened up okay, but as soon as I touched the screen to make any menu choice, it crashed.

Turning off WiFi seems to have cured that problem. Of course, that makes the iPhone useless for other things, doesn't it.

Why did it start automatically happening to us all today? I presume, like me, none of you have updated either iOS or the Podcasts app today, right?

Creepy! and Frustrating!

Podcast App Crashes Immediately on iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.