Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can an ipad cellular be turned into an ipad wifi?

I'm starting a new private school next year and they have no wifi there but when I graduate I would like to stop having to pay for cellular and just do the wifi. Is it possible? And if it is, will it cost me more to change it rather than to just get a new one?

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 9:55 AM

9 replies

Aug 14, 2014 9:41 PM in response to stedman1

If you stop the cellular service, you'll get an error message saying that your data service is off (or something to that affect). This message can be turned off, BUT, it will turn off your WiFi as well. Apple and Cellular service providers are in bed together on this one. They have designed it so you must have the cellular service turned on or get this annoying message every few minutes...or...turn off your WiFi too. I haven't found a fix around this, because there ain't one! I'm stuck with mine. Got ipad wifi + cellular just in case I wanted the cellular later.

If I'm wrong here, someone correct me. I like my ipad, but I'm getting annoyed with strong arm nonsense from Apple. If there is no reasonable fix for this, then yes, you (and I) may have to buy an iPad w/ just cellular and if thats the case Apple S U C K S.

can an ipad cellular be turned into an ipad wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.