Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7.1.2 exhange account problem

Hello,

after update my iPhone 5s to iOs 7.1.2 I cannot

use my

Exchange mail account anymore.

I got "Canot verify user information" if i try to login to the account.

Same account with my iPad Air with ios 7.1.1 I work great.

Any hints?

Sorry for my poor english

Thank you very much

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 4:07 AM

26 replies

Jul 2, 2014 5:04 AM in response to ivan5150

No one here works for Apple. I've been working in IT for almost 30 years. Check out Microsoft's lifecycle documentation. Mainstream support for Exchange Server 2003 ended in 2009. Extended support ends this year. Get with the program. I can't think of any legitimate reason not to upgrade other than $. And if your business is doing so bad that you have to run a 12 year old version of Exchange because you can't afford to upgrade, maybe you should look into a different business...

Security issues alone should have had you upgrading years ago.

Jul 2, 2014 1:02 PM in response to KJIM-Z

Zarafa is completely irrelevant.

Exchange 2003 is obsolete. If you have the same problem with Exchange 2010, then why didn't you mention it before now?

Double and triple check your firewall to make sure that all of the ports needed for EAS are actually open. If need be, temporarily open up everything. See if it changes.

Jul 2, 2014 1:05 PM in response to KJIM-Z

KJIM-Z wrote:

It's not only a problem witch Exchange 2003! There is the same issue with Exchange 2010 an also with Zarafa. But it seems the only the new device with ARM64 CPU are affected

By the way, as an Exchange server administrator and the person responsible for setting up and supporting a fairly large number of iOS devices on our system, I can unequivocally say that the statement above is false.

Jul 2, 2014 11:05 PM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote: By the way, as an Exchange server administrator and the person responsible for setting up and supporting a fairly large number of iOS devices on our system, I can unequivocally say that the statement above is false.

Say it is false or not. The fact is: While my Exchange account works fine with Exchange 2010 and Zarafa (both use Active Sync) using iOS 7.1.1. it does not work with iOS 7.1.2 on my iPad AIR.

It is not a firewall problem becaues everything works fine with 7.1.1.

Even the Account can not be deleteted - the process hangs an can only be stopped resetting the device.

Jul 9, 2014 7:28 AM in response to KiltedTim

Question. I'm unable to add an exchange account to my iPhone with the latest update 7.1.2, I was however able to add exchange with the 7.1.1 update. KiltedTim are you doing anything differently when adding an exchange account to iOS devices? If you are would you mind sharing? I'm an android user but I've never had any problems with adding an exchange account to an iOS device until the 7.1.2 update. Any help would be appreciated.

ios 7.1.2 exhange account problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.