Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim Failure on update iOS 7.1.2

HELP. They release a new iOS update just now and after i updated my iOS my iphone4s can't read my SIM. Always "SEARCHING...." Even i remove my Sim.

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 3:34 AM

29 replies

Jul 3, 2014 11:39 AM in response to Mr.Pulido

I am having a similar issue with my 5S. I'll have reception for a few hours and it progressively gets less and less and then I lose reception and get "no signal" and "searching". Reboot the phone, it works for a few hours again, then the same issue. Reset the network settings, didn't help.

This has only started happening since the 7.1.2 update. At one point it told me I had no SIM inserted. Removed and re-installed and then it worked again. Has never done that before either.

Jul 4, 2014 2:23 AM in response to Mr.Pulido

I've got the same issue since updating to 7.1.2, actually my problem is twofold:

My phone has the same issue of not reading the SIM and just displaying "Searching..." when switched on after battery went totally dead, however when turning Airplane mode on and off again it usually picks up my network provider with no real signal issues.

What actually bothers me more is the fact that battery drain has increased by as much as 25-40% after the update. I have tried a variety of battery draining repair solutions to no avail.

Both the SIM and battery drain issues first surfaced after updating to ios7.1.2 surely it cannot be coincidental.

TBH I'm not really expecting a fix on these forums, all I want is for Apple to see this problem is not restricted to Mr. Pulido. Seems as though every time there is a software update a lot of people have a problem - especially with battery drain. Unfortunately this time I'm one of them and no amount of tweaking notifications or similar generic fixes can convince me that this update did not cause this issue on my phone.

Jul 9, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Mr.Pulido

I'm having the same problem. I updated to 7.1.2 and since then my iPhone 5s has. No SIM on the status bar. At first it happened when I turned on Airplane mode, and when I turned it off again it said No SIM. then I would restart the phone and it would be normal again. But now there is a permanent No SIM and even if I restart the phone it stays that way. I have to use a cheap phone while they don't fix this issue, I really need to make calls!

Jul 9, 2014 4:48 PM in response to neeon

I am facing the same problem since updating to iOS 7.1.2 - 3 times to be exact in less than 48 hours!! In a way, I guess I am in better luck, as I can get the phone to work again after a hard reset, but only for a few hours each time 😟

Apple, 2 requests please; (1) Pls have a fix for this issue ASAP. (2) We need a better qualified update in the future.

Jul 9, 2014 5:24 PM in response to etatan8

my iPhone 4s went dead after updating to IOS 7.1.2. It shows the itunes n cable icon.

how to fix this? It's been dead for the whole day, hard reboot not doing much as the apple logo n the same icon reappearing n not helping.

APPLE should fix this. Updates causing so much hassle is better no updates at all.

Jul 9, 2014 7:11 PM in response to Mr.Pulido

Have you tried doing a restore?

You can backup everything using iTunes. "Tick encrypt iphone backup" to save all email password and other account password. Create a backup password but I suggest you use your apple account password so you will never forget. Backup iphone.

Do a complete restore. Hold power and home for 10 seconds and after 10 seconds release power but keep holding down home till iTunes recognize it is in recovery mode and restore it.

Jul 10, 2014 10:08 AM in response to mario49

Help, iPhone 5s problems with 7.1.2 with battery life and reception on 5s ?!? The same problems with BOTH our 5s phones! Any Fix?!?:

After updating to the new 7.1.2 software, both of our 5s phones now have battery issues with draining the battery faster than ever and both phones now have reception issues in places where we have ALWAYS had good reception. The reception issues make it difficult to call out, sometimes losing service completely and dropped calls! It also of course affects iMessages and Text messages and all other connectivity apps and internet. Both 5s phones went from really good to really bad right after the 7.1.2 update. Please help. If you APPLE see this posting, please FIX ASAP as I have seen many other posts on the same issue and yes I ALREADY did the HOLD down power and HOME button and it did NOT fix anything. Thanks. My zip code area is 91320.

Sim Failure on update iOS 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.