Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone update iOS 7.1.2

I did an update on my phone to the new iOS 7.1.2 and now I don't have sound on speaker but works with headphone or just regular. I think it is not a hardware issue but software.. Apple please help!! Are other people experiencing same issue?

can I reverse the update?

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 4:48 PM

24 replies

Jul 4, 2014 6:46 AM in response to SRfromVH

I Have an iPad 2 and have the same sound issue after updating to 7.1.2

Alert sounds ok

pandora, Music, other music apps work through headset, but not the speaker.

if you go to the Music app, the volume slider is dimmed.

is NOT the mute button.

every once in a while it will work but then just stop while playing

when you click the volume buttons the bell comes up and it says sound effects

since the speaker works with the alert sounds, speaker works.

can play though headphones

i've played with every setting possible. Has to be 7.1.2

i also got the freeze for two hours while updating and was forced to reset to get out of it.

Jul 6, 2014 6:01 AM in response to rossieross

close all running apps that using direct accest to your camera and microphone. Then hard reset your iphone (hold on power and home button ) let it restart and and standby by itself. Dont do anything. after a minute or two the sounds will be back. in my case I cant turn off my phone too. hope this will help

Iphone update iOS 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.