Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7.1.2 crashed my device - how recover?

Hi support,

I have updated my iPod Touch with the last update on 7.1.2. Before ending the process it shows me the "iTunes to connect" screen - and that is all.

I can't do anything now with my device, if reconnected with iTunes it will reset my device and delete all my data.

The problem I have is, that I don't have an actual BackUp of it, so I hope you could tell or show me a solution to access my photo and video data.

I tried different things with different button combinations, no result 😟

I hope you could help me.

bye

Stefano

Posted on Jul 3, 2014 12:02 PM

6 replies

Jul 3, 2014 1:08 PM in response to spicone

If one of these programs will not kick the iPod out of recovery mode then you will have to restore via iTunes

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

or

http://joshuabailey1997.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/recboot-v1-3/

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

and

RecBoot tip

RecBoot may have problems on 64X windows, then try:

Tenorshare ReiBoot – Enter & Exit iPhone, iPad, iPod Recovery Mode with a Single Click

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Installs blootware on PC too

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Jul 3, 2014 1:30 PM in response to spicone

As I said, if one of the program in my previous link will not kick the iPod out of recovery mode (The iTunes and USB plug icons indicate recovery mode) then you will have to restore and thus erase the iPod.

That happens sometimes and thus you should always periodically backup your iPod especially before updating.

7.1.2 crashed my device - how recover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.