Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a driver for the apple genuine dvi to composite adapter to make it work on Maverick OS?

Im having a problem with a few parts to it but the main problem is my Apple Genuine DVI to Composite is no being recognized correctly. & not allowing me to mirror or multiple screen or anything. It wont even broadcast a signal to the secondary screen or anything. This all started when I upgraded to Maverick OS. I'm pretty sure apple has a driver for this problem. Can anybody point me to where I can find it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:56 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:07 PM in response to djshotgunn

Hi there djshotgunn,

There is not a specific driver that you would need to download outside of Software Update. I would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps in the article below if you are experiencing video issues with an external monitor.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Many common display issues can be resolved easily by making sure the software on your Apple computer and the firmware on your video adapter, display and Thunderbolt cabling is up to date. Check for updates for Apple products by using Software Update, the Mac App Store, or visiting Apple downloads. Check with the manufacturer for any updates that may be available for displays, extenders, or adapters not made by Apple.

-Griff W.

is there a driver for the apple genuine dvi to composite adapter to make it work on Maverick OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.