Question: ANNOYING MACKEEPER TABS AND POPUP ADS
I bought a new macbook air 2 weeks ago, all has been well and good (new to mac products, always for android, still am).
Safari has also been good, as well as chrome, but as of recently, this whole "MacKeeper", "Zeobit.com" **** is completely taking over my search engines etc, problems including:
- Clean up mac ads everywhere, as well as the typical "Get a new iPhone 5' rubbish
- When clicking on links, my top sites tab shows up as well as the typical "MacKeeper" download page in another. I can only open links by pressing command to open in new tabs, however my top sites tab opens as well as the Mackeeper download page, along with it's fling annoying ads
- Ads as well before relevant google search links, like "Pages related to...." With zeobit.com on every inch of my ******* screen
- I HAVE NOT downloaded anything to do with mackeeper, so uninstalling programs etc is unnecessary information - purely mackeeper tab and popup annoyances
- I have TRIED to 'restart' safari and remove cache, nothing works
- I have done the whole system preferences, privacy, remove all website data (which this zeobit.com **** is listed), and I remove zeobit.com but it just goes back on the list when I go through this process again
- Yes I have 'block popup ads' ticked
Can someone give me a solution to removing these popups with anything to do with zeobit.com and fling mackeeper which doesn't require me to read a long page of information? I'm about to smash my screen in here.