Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on Safari 7.1. Any way to downgrade?

Hi,

So, for some reason, it looks like Safari on my laptop was upgraded to version 7.1. I did a little googling and found that 7.1 is a developer version. I am not, nor have ever been part of the developer program, and 7.1 breaks a feature of one of my more frequently used plugins (ClickToPlugin). Is there any way for me to downgrade to 7.0.5? I'm running OS X 10.9.4. I haven't been able to find any download links to 7.0.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:36 AM

20 replies

Jul 11, 2014 5:15 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

No, I didn't sign up to the developer programme, 7.1.1 just appeared this morning as an update which I clicked okay, without thinking that Apple had made a mistake. I am aware that OS X Recovery requires broadband, however in rural Gloucestershire our connection is not fast, thats why I was hoping there might be another solution?

Jul 11, 2014 12:41 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

From what you say there will be no immediate update for those of us who have installed the 7.1 seed by mistake?

Presumably the official update will be released by Apple, that will supersede the 7.1 seed in due course. As long as Safari runs okay with the 7.1 seed, I might as well await that development? Is it not possible to reinstall Safari 7.0.5 from Time Machine if problems arise in the mean time?

Stuck on Safari 7.1. Any way to downgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.