Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mackeeper?

I absolutely CANNOT get this thing off of my computer. I didn't even download it to begin with. I've tried everything to find the folders to uninstall it but I just can't find it. I just got this macbook air from a friend a couple months ago so I really don't know what I'm doing. I downloaded easy find from the app store to try to find the folders and I've seriously done everything all the forums say to do but idk what I'm doing wrong. Please help! I am starting to think I may have to reset my whole computer. 😟

also not sure if i put this in the right place so sorry

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:39 AM

7 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:19 PM in response to destinyb1996

Backup all important data then reformat the drive.

If your Mac is running v10.7 Lion, v10.8 Mountain Lion, or v10.9 Mavericks, restart your Mac while holding down the Command + R keys. From there you can access built in utilities to erase the drive then restore OS X using OS X Recovery

You can restore from a Time Machine backup using OS X Recovery.

For any OS X prior to v10.7 Lion, insert your install disc while holding down the C key. From there you can reformat the drive.

MacKeeper is invasive and difficult to uninstall. Better to not install ANY third party Mac cleaning utilities.

Your Mac runs maintenance in the background for you > Mac OS X: About background maintenance tasks

Jul 18, 2014 10:56 PM in response to Klaus1

You are so right this thing is a nightmare! I lost the ability to download my photos from my camera, I couldn't connect to my amp, everything slowed down and crashed it was ******* frustrating, how do these guy's get away with it? Anyway as soon as I followed your advice and finally managed to eradicate every last vestige of this horror sstory everything came back and the speed returned and back to normal. Thanks Klaus1.

Mackeeper?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.