Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plays only iTunes extras if the iTunes extra doesn't have a play movie option!?

Apple TV plays only iTunes extras if the iTunes extra doesn't have a play movie option!? I have Disney's Planes - the extras menu doesn't have a play option so I can't play the movie from the Movies app! There should be a way to play the movie instead of going into the extras menu. I know I can play from the computers section but does anyone know of a way to work around this. It seems like a design flaw either with Apple or Disney or both. Any thoughts?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:14 PM

27 replies

Jul 15, 2014 4:41 PM in response to jsclayden

jsclayden wrote:

Ethan, I bought the HD version on AppleTV and am trying to play it from AppleTV. It does not work from Movies > Purchased (there is no "play movie" option, only Extras).

It works fine.

The screen is simply showing you there are iTunes Extras included with this movie.

Select it and when the Extras opens, there is a Play Movie button.

Jul 16, 2014 7:19 PM in response to Writer Guy in RI

Writer Guy in RI wrote:

Actually, it does look like a bug in the menu. We have "The Little Mermaid", which we've watched before. When you choose Play from the movie menu, it gives you options for Extras, Featured Extra, and Related but no option to play the movie. I"ll be submitting my own feedback and hopefully this can get corrected.

Looks like Play is there in the Extras for some movies and not others...

Apple TV plays only iTunes extras if the iTunes extra doesn't have a play movie option!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.