Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem erasing an iPad with old Apple ID.

I want to restore my iPad 3 to factory settings to trade it in. The "erase ..." function does not work because the iPad was originally set up using an Apple ID using Verizon email. (MyUserName@verIzon.net) I switched from Verizon to Comcast and my Apple ID now uses Comcast email as part of the ID. (MyUserName@comcast.net). When I go to "erase ...", I am asked for my password which does not work as I no longer have a a Verizon internet account or email. I can restore using my Comcast Apple ID, but the Verizon information comes back. Apple support has not been helpful. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:19 AM

5 replies

Jul 12, 2014 5:14 AM in response to Diavonex

I have the original Apple ID and password. All I get is the message that either ID or password is incorrect. I am assuming that it is because that I no longer have a Verizon internet account, having changed to Comcast, but do not know for sure. Asked Apple to let me reset the word, but after an hour with customer support, all I got was the instructions to restore under iPad settings. That doesn't work.

Jul 12, 2014 5:23 AM in response to davidinvirginia

Tried logging into the old account. Won't accept the password. When I try "forget your password?", it sends an email to my Verizon account (which is closed). Is there a way to get Apple to send a "reset password" email to another (active) email address? That's what I spent an hour with Apple support yesterday trying to get them to do.

Problem erasing an iPad with old Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.