Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube Problems

Okay, so I have encountered a recent problem with youtube that I have found to be UNBEARABLE! It may not seem like a big deal to some people, but when you watch at least 20 youtube videos a day, it gets really annoying. Recently, when i start to watch a youtube video, i automatically turn off annotations, set it to 720p (or whatever the highest resolution is) and put it into full screen. But, every time i put it into full screen AND set the resolution, it either freezes for a couple of seconds, or it usually just restarts the whole video. I have flash player installed, and also removed all other plug-ins, just to see if that would help. I have a 2009 Macbook, running that latest version of OS X Mavericks, and have Safari version 7.0.5. Please help me ASAP! I just dont know what to do at this point.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 3:27 AM in response to Laurawq

Your Flash plugin may need updating. Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click: Check Now.

If you updated Flash, and it still freezes or restarts a video, open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Not empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Now try a video.

Youtube Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.