Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repairing Boot Camp after creating new partition

Hello everyone.

I have a rMBP15 inch (early 2013). It has Mavericks and Bootcamp (Windows 8.1). I made a new partition for Yosemite public beta. After working a few hours with Yosemite i removed the Yosemite partition again. Now i have my Macintosh HD (Mavericks) and Bootcamp partition on my mac (like before installing Yosemite).

The problem is : Bootcamp doesn't show up anymore when pressing the option key at startup. It does show up in System preferences and when i set bootcamp to default startup it states after rebooting : No bootable device --- insert boot disk and press any key.

This is very familiar to this topic: Repairing Boot Camp after creating new partition

Could someone help me repair the bootcamp partition and make it bootable again (all my files are still there)

Here's a picture of disk utility in OS X: Thanks in advance!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), GHOSTING (and long shutdown issues)

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 5:11 AM

27 replies

Jul 25, 2014 10:51 AM in response to MattTheMedic

Hi.

I just had this same problem and resolved it 10 min ago. The only difference in my situation was that I didn't actually install Yosemite, as I noticed the problem before I even had the chance to do that.

Just have a quick look here and follow what it says: Repairing Boot Camp after creating new partition

If you get stuck or run into any problems, feel free to ask.

Jul 25, 2014 11:28 AM in response to MattTheMedic

MattTheMedic wrote:

It's a shame disk utility doesn't provide a build in option to fix this issue considering

the fact many mac users install Windows.

Till Macs start to support UEFI/EFI 2.0+ instead of staying on EFI 1.1, this problem will continue. You can install 10 different partitions on a single disk of various OSX versions (that the hardware supports) because all of them use GPT disks, but Bootcamp is the odd one out because it still uses MBR and CSM-BIOS.

Repairing Boot Camp after creating new partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.