Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove GoToMeeting?

Some time ago I installed GoToMeeting on my iMac running SL 10.6.8. Afterwards, every few days I would find three copies of their icon on my desktop. I deleted the folders and any "GoToMeeting" files I can find on my drive, but it still pops up every few days. I can I permanently delete it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2014 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 8:47 PM

in order of appearance, these will remove all the above mentioned files directly in the terminal:

NOTE: these commands do not make use of the trash and whatever they delete will be gone forever right then and there. - YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE that I haven't introduced a typo anywhere.

rm -r "

~/Library/Application Support/CitrixOnline
"

rm -r "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin"

rm -r "/Library/Preferences/com.citrixonline*"

find ~/Library -iname "com.citrixonline*" -delete

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2017 8:47 PM in response to jdmcmurtry

in order of appearance, these will remove all the above mentioned files directly in the terminal:

NOTE: these commands do not make use of the trash and whatever they delete will be gone forever right then and there. - YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE that I haven't introduced a typo anywhere.

rm -r "

"

rm -r "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin"

rm -r "/Library/Preferences/com.citrixonline*"

find ~/Library -iname "com.citrixonline*" -delete

Aug 25, 2014 3:54 PM in response to gangof4

I'm having the same issue - did you ever figure out a solution? I delete all of the instances of GoToMeeting from my Appliactions folder and yet a few days later there it is again - several different versions of it (see attached screenshot). After deleting them each time I've searched my computer for GoToMeeting and I don't find anything. Quite the mystery! And this is on Mavericks 10.9.4

User uploaded file

Oct 31, 2014 11:18 AM in response to gangof4

Hi,

If you uncheck automatic updates in GoToMeeting's Preferences, it will stop downloading all the currently supported versions. Right now the updater does not recognize when the software has been deleted, this is going to be corrected. You can read more about it on the GoToMeeting Support site: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToMeeting/knowledge_articles/000185085?t itle=Multiple+Versions+of+GoToMeeting+Installed+on+Mac

and http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToMeeting/knowledge_articles/000048860?t itle=Uninstall+GoToMeeting+from+a+Mac and http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToMeeting/knowledge_articles/000083558?t itle=How+To+Completely+Remove+GoToMeeting%2FWebinar%2FTraining+Preferences+From+ a+Mac

Dec 1, 2014 9:03 AM in response to glennfromsanta barbara

Hi,

I have the same trouble, so, if you looking for "citrix" in your personal folder (finder/computer/Macintosh HD/users/"your user"/app folder). You can see the icon of this app and you can send it to trash; the another file you can delete with this tutorial

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/knowledge_articles/000083558?title =How+To+Completely+Remove+GoToMeeting%2FWebinar%2FTraining+Preferences+From+a+Ma c

The last step is empty the trash.

That is all, i hope that it useful goodbye.

Jan 6, 2015 5:57 AM in response to gangof4

The auto-updater tool that continues downloading new versions of GTM lives in this folder:

Delete that folder (and empty the Trash). That should stop more copies of the GTM application from being installed.

To more thoroughly purge your system of all GTM-related files, you will need to delete the following browser plug-in...

~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin

...as well as all files or folders with names that begin "com.citrixonline." found within the following folders:

/Library/Preferences
⟵(note that this is the global Library folder)
~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Log

~/Library/Preferences

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost

~/Library/Saved Application State

Again, be sure to empty the Trash when you're done. If the system won't allow you to completely empty the Trash because an item is in use, restart your computer and then empty the Trash again; then it should empty completely.

Feb 24, 2015 5:59 PM in response to gangof4

Honesty, this app has to be categorized as a bad app. There's absolutely no reason for it to have a background daemon running, ever, since this is essentially an app seldom used by 99% of its customer base, and should do its checks etc when it starts, if the user desires that it do so. I used it a lot at one point but was not recommending it because of this annoyance. I finally had the time to track down why it was showing up every so often (I don't go to the install folder often)

Nov 3, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Cianjg

That is a good guide, with Brian Nesse's additions. Unfortunately, Citrix has removed it. (Ugh!)

Here it is from the WaybackMachine, though.

The problem with advising folks to uncheck the preference is that if you have an older machine, there is NO current GoToMeeting app that'll run on it, and the older versions, if you still have them, won't work with their server any more. Truly heinous.

Mar 16, 2016 11:33 AM in response to Vince Medlock

Are there any evidences for that?

I'm interested because a family member installed the program on my Mac without my knowledge because she wanted to attend an advanced education lesson.

I followed now all the tips above to delete as much as possible.

So does anybody know if this program is malicious?

Can we give apple further informations to delete the software from other Macs?

Do I have to worry about the security of my Mac now?

Thanks in advance!

chris11114

As English is not my mother tongue I hope you can oversee some grammar mistakes.

If there is any problem in understanding my text feel free to reply to my post so that I can try again to tell you the questions which I have.

How do I remove GoToMeeting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.