Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xerox 7120 accounting IDs are not saved?

The Mac users are able to use the printer, but everytime they go to print they must go through the preferences and enter their ID. Once they close the application it forgets the settings and they have to go back in or they get an error. It doesn't matter if you click the boxes to remember or do not prompt. It just wipes it out. We tired creating a preset and saving all the settings, but it still does not remember their ID. Mac users that were setup before I started here have this setup and are able to just click the print icon without going in and setting up the ID in the advanced print settings every time. Xerox is out of ideas and we've tried reinstalling the drivers and all that. I am having this same problem on both a MacBook Air and an iMac.

It seems some small thing is not set right to keep their ID stored int he computer for all future printing. I am not a Mac user so I am really out of ideas and the computer owners do not know anything either.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 12:23 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2014 8:10 AM in response to jeffd55

We are able to connect to the printer using the IP, that is not the problem. We can even get prints. The problem is that we use Xerox Standard Accounting to track the number of prints for each user. They have a 4 digit pin. This is where the problem lies. They have to go into each print job and go through all the print settings to enter this pin each time they open a program. As soon as they close the program (Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader) the pin is forgotten and they have to go through all these clicks just to put it back in and get a job done.

Our other users (setup in the past, no instructions left behind) can just click the print icon and get jobs successfully printed. They are using the same driver which we all download off of the Xerox website. They each have different MAC machines though and I don't know which ones. Somehow the person with the setup prior to my time here has the settings in his computer that stores or remembers his acct ID and sends it automatically with the job. We have tried clicking the "Do Not Prompt" feature on the new machines but that does not help either. I feel like there is some setting in the computer somewhere that needs to be changed to store this ID for all printing, I just have no idea where to find that.

Aug 9, 2014 1:12 PM in response to remaxdistinctiveproperties

Ok here some ideas, maybe it helps you.

Open a Browser and enter 'http://127.0.0.1:631' in the address field. If you get an error, open Terminal and enter 'cupsctl WebInterface=yes' without the quotes.

Now you should be able to open the CUPS main page.

Go for 'Administration' at the top of the page, choose 'Mange Printers' in the Printers section. Select the printer (Xerox 7120) and select 'Set Default Options' in the right popup menu… may be you find a way to save a Accounting PIN permanently…

User uploaded file

enjoy

Xerox 7120 accounting IDs are not saved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.