Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have you tried to remove Photo-zoom V10 1.14 by Joseph CM from firefox?

Advertising windows began appearing on my favorite pages, such as Kijiji, and some of the links wanted to take me to unsafe pages. I found Photo-zoom V10 1.14 by Joseph CM in my extensions for Firefox, and chrome, sarfari , think it was downloaded with torrent. I could uninstall it with safari and chrome, however firefox only had a disable button. I did all the usual, even deleting all the preferences firefox used, but it came on coming back. One message I received when setting up firefox was: An application wants to install Photo-zoom-allow? I didn’t but the extension was there anyhow when I finished the install. I finally found the culprit in the mozilla folder in application support folder. I deleted the mozilla, and the firefox folders and it was gone. Has anyone else come across this extension?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 1:58 AM

Hi bdraht,

I managed to resolve this by removing all the extensions in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Chrome:
Settings (upper right side) > Extensions > Remove Photo-zoom (I removed others that i'm not using just to be sure)

Firefox:

Settings (upper right side) > Extensions > Disable Photo-zoom

Safari:

File Preferences > Extensions > Remove Photo-zoom (I turn off everything)

Hope it helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2014 1:58 AM in response to bdraht

Hi bdraht,

I managed to resolve this by removing all the extensions in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Chrome:
Settings (upper right side) > Extensions > Remove Photo-zoom (I removed others that i'm not using just to be sure)

Firefox:

Settings (upper right side) > Extensions > Disable Photo-zoom

Safari:

File Preferences > Extensions > Remove Photo-zoom (I turn off everything)

Hope it helps.

Have you tried to remove Photo-zoom V10 1.14 by Joseph CM from firefox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.