Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset an airport express A1264?

I bought a airport express A1264 on ebay... the old password was still on it... how do i reset it to add it to my home wifi network?

airport express-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 3:04 PM

Since you have a used AirPort Express, I would recommend that you perform a full Factory Default Reset to completely clear out all the old settings and profiles that might still be stored on the AirPort Express.

The "Hard Reset" that Kappy suggests will not always clear out all of the old settings....and it will not clear out any previous profiles that might be stored on the Express.

To perform a Factory Default Reset.....

Power off the Express for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for another 8-10 seconds while you simultaneously plug the Express back into power

Release the reset button after the hold period, and allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

The Express is now completely reset and can be configured with a new setup

User uploaded file

On your Mac....

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on Other WiFi Devices

Click on AirPort Express

The setup "wizard" will open up, analyze the network, and suggest a setup based on what it sees. Follow the prompts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2014 3:04 PM in response to jamesctaylor123

Since you have a used AirPort Express, I would recommend that you perform a full Factory Default Reset to completely clear out all the old settings and profiles that might still be stored on the AirPort Express.

The "Hard Reset" that Kappy suggests will not always clear out all of the old settings....and it will not clear out any previous profiles that might be stored on the Express.

To perform a Factory Default Reset.....

Power off the Express for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for another 8-10 seconds while you simultaneously plug the Express back into power

Release the reset button after the hold period, and allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

The Express is now completely reset and can be configured with a new setup

User uploaded file

On your Mac....

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on Other WiFi Devices

Click on AirPort Express

The setup "wizard" will open up, analyze the network, and suggest a setup based on what it sees. Follow the prompts.

Aug 12, 2014 2:46 PM in response to jamesctaylor123

On the backside of the AEX with respect to the AC plug you will find a Reset button you can depress with a toothpick. There will be two small circles, one on each side of the case centerline. The one on the right is the one you use to reset it. The device must be plugged into the wall outlet. Hold in the reset button until the status light starts blinking fast. You may need to do this more than once.

See: Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ

how to reset an airport express A1264?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.