Previous 1 2 Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2014 3:01 PM by BreizhRonB
BreizhRonB Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have acquired a new iMac and wish to install Aperture (which I have already purchased) on my new machine. When I go to the App Store the only option is Buy and it doesn't appear in my list of purchases. I don't want to pay for it twice, what is happening? Can I add it to my new Mac just by copying the .app file from one machine to the other or is it more complicated than that?

• stevejobsfan0123 Level 8 Level 8 (38,870 points)

You might have better success posting in the Mac App Store forum. Are you signed in with the same Apple ID used to purchase it originally?

• BreizhRonB Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Looked at all the alternatives and this seemed the most appropriate of the options - didn't spot that one! Yes same ID.

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,560 points)
    I have acquired a new iMac and wish to install Aperture (which I have already purchased) on my new machine.

How did you buy Aperture on your old Mac? Did you buy it from the App Store, or did you install it using a DVD and registration number? Which version of Aperture do you have on your old Mac?

Version is 3.4.5. I bought it from the App Store. I still have it on my old Mac but that shouldn't be a problem according to the T & C's. I started to download it from the App Store but the only option was 'Buy' not 'Install' and I really don't want to pay for it twice!

• Keith Barkley Level 5 Level 5 (5,765 points)

Did you log into the app store with the same AppleID/password that you had used to buy Aperture previously?

Yes, same ID. I was getting a message about payment methods and it may just be that if I answer that info it will recognise that I've already paid but I don't want to take the chance, I've been caught before!

• Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (100,380 points)

The current version of Aperture at the App Store is 3.5.1 and requries OS X v10.9 or later. Version 3.4.5 won't run on Mavericks.

Veriify your payment method.

From the App Store menu bar click Store > View My Account then click Edit to the right of Payment Type

iTunes Store: Accepted forms of payment   (Same for Mac App Store)

So basically I have to buy it again because they've upgraded the OS?  That's poor in my view but thanks for the info.

No, you don't have to re-pay.

So how do I get it then SJF?

The current version of Aperture at the App Store is 3.5.1 and requries OS X v10.9 or later. Version 3.4.5 won't run on Mavericks.

Carolyn, Aperture 34.5 runs very well with Mavericks. It is the last non-App Store version of Aperture, that is compatible with Mavericks.

I am using this version frequently, because it still has maps with terrain data.

So basically I have to buy it again because they've upgraded the OS?  That's poor in my view but thanks for the info.

You do not have to buy Aperture to verify your Payment info.

Do what Carolyn Samit recommended and use the Store menu > View my account.

Also check, if your region settings are correct. You might be trying to download from the App Store in the wrong country. Are you using the same settings in the System Preferences "Language & Region" settings as you used, when you first bought Aperture?

I have done as Carolyn suggested and verified my account on my new machine  but Aperture still doesn't appear in my list  of purchases. I'm baffled.

Why don't you just try buying it? Even though it shows the price it may tell you that you've already downloaded it and you can download it again for free. If you actually do get charged, then contact iTunes Support and explain the situation: http://apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html.

Previous 1 2 Next