Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to buy book I created. When I hit "checkout" nothing happens. It's not like Apple to not want to make more money. Any ideas?

Nothing happens when I "checkout" - trying to buy a book I created.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 12:24 PM

33 replies

Aug 30, 2014 12:40 PM in response to Kdominvest

Have you checked, if your book is printable by creating a preview? Se this dlink: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

If the preview is fine, and all pages are looking exactly as they should, try to order your book in Safe Mode, see: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Restart your Mac in Safe Mode as described in the link above and try again to order your book.

Aug 30, 2014 2:38 PM in response to Kdominvest

So when you click on the Buy Book button there is no response at all, right?

User uploaded file

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos, create a test book and check to see if the same problem persists. Does it? You can always abort the purchase process if the button works there.

If the button doesn't work in the new library then a reinstall of iPhoto is indicated.

User uploaded file

Aug 31, 2014 5:43 PM in response to LarryHN

I spent several hours (yes, hours) on the phone with Apple folks today because of this very same problem. Because it was my first time ever purchasing anything through iPhoto, they ran me through loads of troubleshooting before finally someone told me that it was an Apple problem that lots of folks were experiencing. I am still having the same problem so I'm a bit skeptical of that status page...

Sep 1, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Kdominvest

Thank you for posting the question, and for others who have replied with their troubleshooting. I was able to order on Friday 29-8-14, but not on Saturday 30-8-14. My first guess was "Apple's Servers" and that seems to be confirmed here. Perhaps they are moving to an upgraded system of some kind. They did announce iPhoto would no longer be supported. There are new types of photo books on the market from competitors already (such as fold-flat), so maybe Apple is enhancing the products available through their tools prior to releasing Yosemite? Or just gone for the U. S. Labor Day holiday?

Trying to buy book I created. When I hit "checkout" nothing happens. It's not like Apple to not want to make more money. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.