Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some videos in the keynote does not play when in presentation mode, what should I do?

Some videos on the keynote does not play when it's in presentation mode, what should I do? Keynote version 6.2.2, Macbook pro OSX 10.9.4.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 5:28 PM

29 replies

Sep 1, 2014 9:16 AM in response to Gary Scotland

The video plays normally on the quicktime player, the codec is H.264, Timecode. I tried to remove the video and put the video back to the keynote, but when I go to the presentation mode, it does not play. What should I do? Should I download this codec? From internet? Any secure website? Are the codec free or not? Can you please help me again?

Sep 1, 2014 9:29 PM in response to gracaguimaraes

I am having this same problem too. I have seen several responses to other people who have posted looking for help with this same problem. So, far none of his responses have seemed to be effective.I think Apple has really dropped the ball with this update to 6.2.x. I can do everything I have always done with Keynote but play videos. Yes, they are all encoded using the H.264 codec. Many were even created using iMovie. And, they all play when you click on them, in edit mode, but when you attempt to run a presentation every video plays for less than a second and then quits. This problem has occurred ever since they started giving iWork away, post the official release of OS X Mavericks.

The current project I am working on I am using video clips I created with iMovie and they still will not play in presentation mode. I am afraid we are not going to have a solution until Apple owns up to the error it has made and addresses it with new code.

Feb 19, 2015 1:54 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Is there any update on this?! I've rendered the videos out of After Effects at 1440 x 1080 as the screens I am using are 4:3. Every time I load a video into Keynote and press play it just stops after a second or 2. Every so often I'd get through a video clip but when I try to play it again it just stops.

The video is Quicktime HDTV. Please help! I have a very important presentation this coming Thursday. Nothing seems to work!

Some videos in the keynote does not play when in presentation mode, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.