Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't buy a book in iPhoto

I try to buy a book on iPhoto. When I hit the "buy" button, the letter comes up, where the price is listed and the address is asked.

But from there on, nothing moves. When I type in the postal code, nothing happens, same with other buttons. The only button, that provokes any reaction, is the "cancel" button 😟.

I use iPhoto 9.5.1 on a Mac Book Pro with OS 10.9.4

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 3:04 AM

20 replies

Aug 31, 2014 4:00 AM in response to Anton Deitmar1

Are you ordering from the correct Print products Store?

Check the settings in iPhoto's Preferences panel for the Print Products Store:

User uploaded file

Also, reenter (not just check) all billing address details at the Apple Store and enable express checkout: at the AppleStore page http://store.apple.com/us/account/home

• Click the "ViewAccount " link
  • And then enable "express checkout", if it is not enabled.
  • While you are at it, check your billing address and country settings at the AppStore.

Aug 31, 2014 6:18 AM in response to léonie

I tried rebooting, checking preferences, made sure apple id account was in correct order. It must be something global with the ordering service because another post has the UK store not responding either. I am going to try again this evening and see if its working again. The "Check out" button will not respond so must not be connecting with anything on the other end. Even when I change the number of photos needed (in my case cards) it will not automatically update the cost or the zip code shipping. Had a problem similar to this several months ago and the fix was to change your store to another country or none and then save and then change back to your appropriate store. Not this this time.

Aug 31, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Anton Deitmar1

I'm having the same issue here in the States. I've ordered several books in the past. I click Buy Book, the "Your Order" screen appears. I can -

• enter the number of books I want - Price doesn't change
  • Enter Zip code - Nothing happens
  • Changing Shipping to Express - Price Doesn't Change
  • Click on Check Out - Nothing happens.
  • Click Cancel - Takes me back to iPhoto.

So much for getting the book in time for our wedding anniversary!

Can't buy a book in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.