Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advice - Apple claim iPhone 5 has 3rd party screen but I haven't had any work done on it?!

Hello,

I went into my local Apple store last week to have the battery replaced under the refurb programme. After leaving the phone and returning 2 hours later I was told no repair had been done as the phone had 3rd party screen - totally untrue!!

The phone in question was replaced by Apple in Nov 2012 as the phone I had bought from new developed a fault. I was told the replacement was a refurbished model, like new with original parts and with the same warranty.

I have never had any work of anyway kind done to the phone since it was originally replaced by Apple. Despite repeatedly telling the staff at the Apple store it had never been repaired by anyone but them they refused to accept this and refused to do any form of work on it.

I was utterly livid they wouldn't believe me and don't know what to do? Is it feasible that the replacement phone Apple suppled in Nov 2012 would have had a 3rd part screen (from it's previous owner) or could they have got it wrong?

I complained to the manager and he shrugged his shoulders and said their was nothing more could be done.

Any ideas as to what I should do next?

Thanks in advance

M

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 7:04 AM

50 replies

Sep 6, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Mark Coop

No one said that you were lying. All Apple said is that the device has had third-party service. It's a huge jump to change that to 'they called me a liar'.

Go to the Apple Retail Store that replaced the device for you and speak to a manager and explain the situation: the device was replaced by this store, you've had no third-party service done, but Apple is now saying it's had third-party service. The logical conclusion is that the device did have third-party service, but it slipped through inspection the first time, but got caught the second time.

No one has called you a liar. They've simply presented you with the currently available facts. You're the one jumping to that conclusion.

That makes as much sense as this: 'Bob doesn't like President Obama's domestic or foreign policies. Therefore, Bob is racist against black people.'

You're jumping the gun by claiming you've been called a liar, unless someone from Apple specifically told you that they think you're lying.

Sep 6, 2014 9:04 AM in response to Mark Coop

There have been reports of SOME UK Carriers repairing iPhones damaged or returned and then passing them off as new having resealed them

and both of you used the same carrier ..............................and we know nobody has access to genuine Apple parts outside Apple certainly not carriers or their repairers

Just a thought ........................

Sep 8, 2014 9:32 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

Whilst in the store I was referred to the senior manager to whom I explained the whole situation to in depth. I explained that the handset was bought new from EE and it was replaced at that store.

He was adamant that the refurb phone supplied to me would not have 3rd party parts and that only I could have had the 3rd party screen replaced on it. I repeatedly stated I had not had any repair done yet he wouldn't accept what I was saying and just said there was nothing more they would do.

In my book, if I am honestly telling someone the whole truth yet they refuse to believe and accept it then that can only insinuate they do not believe me which in turn insinuates I'm a liar.

Sep 8, 2014 9:50 AM in response to Mark Coop

No one called you a liar. The manager at the store presented you with FACTS. Your interpretation of the situation is different. You have an opinion. The manager has facts. Facts trump opinions.

The only provable fact is that the device has a third-party screen. If the Apple manager says that the screen on the iPhone isn't the same one as the screen that was on that iPhone when his store gave it to you, then he's got documentation of that. And his documentation trumps your opinion/statements.

Sep 8, 2014 12:28 PM in response to Mark Coop

There is no solution that exists here from other users

If you do not want responses stop posting

You will get no more help than has already been given ,since there is none that can solve your issue

and flaming experienced responders who have provided solutions to many users is not going to get you any friends here

OK

Sep 11, 2014 8:16 AM in response to Mark Coop

Mark Coop wrote:

tjbusmc1973, your opinion serves no purpose in me finding a resolution to the fact Apple have supplied a refurb phone to me with 3rd party parts.

I suggest you go find a thread elsewhere that you can contribute to in a more constructive and helpful manner.

Your question was answered. No one on this forum can change this answer for you.

I suggest you find a forum more suited to your needs, or contact a lawyer.

Advice - Apple claim iPhone 5 has 3rd party screen but I haven't had any work done on it?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.