Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buy iPhone 6 in US (A1586)

Can i buy a factory unlocked version of A1586 in US retail store.(What i mean "Factory unlocked" is that i can use A1586's all bands supported all over the world.)

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 11:12 AM

108 replies

Sep 10, 2014 7:52 PM in response to nantongzds

nantongzds wrote:

So,what you mean is that i can't buy the A1586 in US,why is it listed?It's weird why not...

Not weird at all - in fact makes perfect sense. Model A1586 is sold in the USA as the CDMA phone for Sprint, carrier locked. CDMA models are never sold unlocked. There never will be an unlocked A1586 model sold in the USA. Eventually, the A1549 GSM (used by AT&T and T-Moble) will be sold unlocked and SIM free

Sep 10, 2014 8:03 PM in response to deggie

But I don't think they were advertised and sold as unlocked phones. It was just common knowledge that the GSM side was unlocked. Is it known how long they are going to have to leave that unlocked to comply with that FCC order? Also, with all of these questions with people from outside the US asking about US phones, it is no wonder we have trouble getting phones here in the US, since everyone wants to buy one here when ours are released.

Sep 10, 2014 8:11 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

The Verizon models have been sold unlocked on the GSM side since the iPhone 5.

They were not sold by Apple as contract-free, unlocked phone. You could buy them from Apple only with a Verizon contract. The only unlocked phone listed is the GSM model.

In any event, the A1586 is the Sprint CDMA model iPhone 6, not Verizon. Sprint iPhones have never been shipped unlocked in the GSM/LTE section and there is no such thing as unlocked CDMA iPhones,

Sep 11, 2014 10:24 AM in response to modular747

I was actually going to ask a similar question

What is the difference between these following models listed on Apple website

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

• Model A1549 (GSM model)
  • Model A1549 (CDMA model)
  • Model A1586

from I am getting from this thread, the A1586 is the unlocked one? In other word, the T-mobile contract free one is going to be A1549? and I know they will unlock it for you after 40 days on their network and then you can take it anywhere you want. So an officially unlocked A1548 = A1586, in terms all the bands and compatibilities?

Thanks.

Buy iPhone 6 in US (A1586)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.