Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 + Camera Connection Kit Works! (Apple Genius)

A Genius at the Apple Store today (Oakridge, Vancouver) told me the Camera Connection Kit (SD Reader) would work with the iPhone 6 plus!

I've just searched thru every iPhone 6 plus news release out there and I can't find any confirmation of this - does anyone know if this is true? Because I'm going to order one Friday if this is true!

Posted on Sep 10, 2014 1:44 PM

22 replies

Sep 10, 2014 2:11 PM in response to WestVanPete

No reason to think it won't. Unless stated otherwise anywhere, its safe to assume iOS 8 will be compatible with any Lightning hardware already out. Since the iPhone 6 uses the same lightning port as the iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, iPad air, and iPad Mini, its even more likely accessories such as the Lightning Camera adapter will function with it just as they've functioned with those devices.

Ooops my mistake, Never mind.

Jan 23, 2015 7:59 AM in response to WestVanPete

From what I can tell there is no reason this should not work with the latest generation of iPhones considering the Camera Connection Kit was designed to use the original iPad. It would be a great feature to have this versatility with the iPhones allowing the Camera Connection Kit to save images.

I feel that Apple should open up the Camera Connection Kit's compatibility and allow it to work with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus if not earlier generations.

If you agree with me, please go to apple.com/feedback and submit this as an enhancement request and maybe we'll see it in a future iOS update!

Jun 26, 2015 4:07 PM in response to BostonShawn77

Agreed. From a technical standpoint there is zero reason for it not to be supported. Apple has chosen for business reasons to not allow the camera adapter to work with the iPhones

This is a shame, because there are very real reasons to want to import photos/videos from cameras and SD cards onto an iPhone. Example - you have an in car camera that records video and there has been an accident. You would like to show the police officer what you saw, but your car is now smashed. It would be very nice to be able to pull the microSD card from the camera system body, connect it to the iPhone and use a playback application on the iPhone to show the officer what happened. Because you have your phone on you all the time but don't leave an iPad in the car for just such a purpose.

Sep 2, 2015 10:56 AM in response to maccdr

Well thanks for again stating the obvious problem that we are all aware of. That solution is a non-starter as no one in their right mind will drag along an iPad on a trip just to be able to get their camera photos from a camera SD card to their phone.

Apple needs to allow/make the camera connector work on the iPhone as well, or give up the notion its the nexus of photos. In the current forced state, we have to bring along a laptop to import photos off of SD cards for.. which means the laptop becomes the photo nexus.

Dec 9, 2015 6:14 PM in response to boudris

Are we talking about the new SD reader to lightning cable? Or the earlier iPod Camera Connection Kit SD card reader, fitted to an iPhone 6S+ via the small Apple 30 pin-to-lightning adapter?

My apple store's out of the cable, ditto best buy. I've got the earlier sd card reader & adapter, but connected to camera it doesn't seem to transfer. Is there something I need to do with a particular app, or....??? I've got my phone on the newest 9.2 update.

iPhone 6 + Camera Connection Kit Works! (Apple Genius)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.