Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iTunes 11.4 update issues

I have been trying for days to update my iTunes to the most current format...every time I try to do so, I am unable to...my installer keeps coming up with message "object already exists," which pops up repeatedly during the install process, and then I get a message saying that there were errors in the configuration of the installation of iTunes, and that my system has not been modified...I want my iTunes! HELP?

iTunes 11.4.0.18-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 2:06 AM

23 replies

Sep 12, 2014 1:01 AM in response to QueenieJ

I have deleted every file I could find and I still get the same issue......then I look for the apple, iTunes and iPod files and I only find new ones that just got loaded from the latest install that failed.....I delete them and start over with the install but again the iTunes install fails.

iTunes nor anything to do with apple is loaded on my PC and I cant reinstall iTunes.

please help

iTunes 11.4.0.18, Windows 7

Sep 12, 2014 10:36 AM in response to QueenieJ

I have a similar problem, which I think has occurred before but I can't recall how to fix it. But basically I upgraded iTunes yesterday on a win7 box and since then it won't recognize my iPod. I'm currently getting "Apple Mobile Device USB driver failed" I've unistalled itunes and all the other apps such as Bonjour and everything else with Apple in its name, and reinstalled still the same. Today it won't even charge when plugged into the w7 box USB ports. Thouigh it does do on another comp that hasn't had 11.4.0.18 installed.

I need to go back to an earlier version 11.4.0.17 how do I get to download that?

Sep 14, 2014 5:27 PM in response to turingtest2

Nothing I tried to get iTunes to recognize the iPod worked. The driver still wouldn't install correctly, still came up as unsigned. Ended up re-installing the OS. This happened about a year ago too. Once again the only fix was to do a complete re-install of the OS. I've not had problems with other software updates trashing the drivers and rendering the devices useless. Now looking for a way to make sure itunes doesn't update itself again.

New iTunes 11.4 update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.