Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have restored a school ipad and was setting it up as a new ipad but through the process it asks for an apple id and password. i have neither. haw can i get past this?

I have restored a school ipad and was setting it up as a new ipad but through the process it asks for an apple id and password. i have neither. haw can i get past this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 12:42 AM

You should call Apple Customer Support, Here:

Schedule a call, or call them now and explain your situation. After your call, you will be asked for the device serial number, and proof of purchase. After emailing them this, They can unlock your device for you.

Best of Luck, Sukhesh 🙂

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2017 12:42 AM in response to davidfromwann

You should call Apple Customer Support, Here:

Schedule a call, or call them now and explain your situation. After your call, you will be asked for the device serial number, and proof of purchase. After emailing them this, They can unlock your device for you.

Best of Luck, Sukhesh 🙂

Sep 11, 2014 8:43 AM in response to davidfromwann

Talk to Apple Support. A Senior Advisor could unlock the device as long as you are able to provide the device serial number and proof of purchase.

The direct number for Apple’s Support is (800) 694-7466

Streamlined email process for removing activation lock

AppleCare has announced a new process to assist institutions with returned devices which may be activated locked. For customers who experience this for the first time please call AppleCare at 800-800-2775 so that the process and needed documentation can be explained. After the initial call customers can email with the required documentation for all Activation Lock Removal requests.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.