Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple ID email no longer exists

My apple ID is an email address I no longer have access to. It doesn't exist anymore. How can I change my apple ID email without being able to access the current one?

Posted on Sep 15, 2014 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2017 11:02 AM

I have the same problem!

About 8 years back, a friend of my husband set up my Apple ID for me.

I no longer work at my old job and my email address doesn't exist anymore.

I've tried to log into my account but it's locked. When I use the forgot password link. It is sending an email to an email address I cannot access.

When I try use the security questions it's asking for the birthday!! She didn't use mine and just put something random in which she can't remember now! I can't get past this screen to try complete the answers to the 3 security questions which I set up and have the answers to!!

I tried creating a new Apple ID which I could do successfully but can't delete the old one off my phone now because I need the password to deactivate "find my iPhone"

So frustrating. Can't use my old account and I can't use a new account!!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2017 11:02 AM in response to mario49

I have the same problem!

About 8 years back, a friend of my husband set up my Apple ID for me.

I no longer work at my old job and my email address doesn't exist anymore.

I've tried to log into my account but it's locked. When I use the forgot password link. It is sending an email to an email address I cannot access.

When I try use the security questions it's asking for the birthday!! She didn't use mine and just put something random in which she can't remember now! I can't get past this screen to try complete the answers to the 3 security questions which I set up and have the answers to!!

I tried creating a new Apple ID which I could do successfully but can't delete the old one off my phone now because I need the password to deactivate "find my iPhone"

So frustrating. Can't use my old account and I can't use a new account!!

my apple ID email no longer exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.