Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 installation on 8GB iPhone 5c

I have an 8GB iPhone 5c and there is physically not enough room to download iOS 8, I have nothing on it other than a few apps. After getting the iPhone home the capacity was only 5.9GB, which means once a couple of apps are installed the capacity is almost full.

I want to do the update but it'll mean my phone will be completely empty if I do, why did Apple sell an 8GB phone if they know their software is too large for it!!!

Does anyone know of any way that I can enlarge my phone space without having to pay to increase my iCloud storage?

Or does anybody know where I can complain for having an item falsely sold to me?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 1:15 PM

19 replies

Sep 17, 2014 3:12 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

iSpend wrote:

Never heard of an 8GB iPhone 5c before but only 16, 32, 64.

The 16 and 32 have been discontinued. An 8 gig has been released. There was never a 64 gig 5C.

The minimum one can get from T-Mobile is 16GB which is what I have and that is what they carry, no 8GB. Regarding 64GB, I got it mixed up with the 5s which I also owned.

Sep 17, 2014 3:17 PM in response to iSpend

iSpend wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

iSpend wrote:

Never heard of an 8GB iPhone 5c before but only 16, 32, 64.

The 16 and 32 have been discontinued. An 8 gig has been released. There was never a 64 gig 5C.

The minimum one can get from T-Mobile is 16GB which is what I have and that is what they carry, no 8GB. Regarding 64GB, I got it mixed up with the 5s which I also owned.

There is not and never has been a 64 gig iPhone 5C. The 8 gig was only recently released. Carriers may still have stock of the 16 and 32 gig models. However, once they sell out, there won't be any more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_5C

Sep 17, 2014 3:22 PM in response to iSpend

Verizon/Apple do this when newer iPhone models are released. They will usually take the oldest model in the lineup, cut the memory in half (16GB becomes 8GB), then offer the phone for free with a two-year contract.

I have two iPhone 4's...one was purchased when it was current and came with 16 GB. The other was purchased maybe a year or so later and came with only 8 GB...exact same phone except for the memory. The model numbers are different though.

iOS 8 installation on 8GB iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.