Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 - Weather in Notification Center Gone

After upgrading to iOS 8 on my 5s I noticed that in Notification Center I no longer see the current weather under the date. Is it gone or do I need to toggle something on somewhere in settings?

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 8 and see the weather in Notification Center.

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:14 PM

56 replies

Sep 18, 2014 3:15 AM in response to M5Marco

I also did not see the weather info in my today view after upgrading to ios 8, so I performed a hard reset (pressing and holding the power and home buttons simultaneously). After my iPhone 5 finished restarting, I checked my today view again and this time the weather information was there.

Sep 18, 2014 10:26 AM in response to Community User

I also had to do a hard reboot in order to see the weather in notification center after upgrading... if you're still having issues seeing it make sure location services is turned on for the Apple weather app. Weather must have location services enabled in order for it to appear in notification center.

I believe the only way to remove weather from notification center (if you have another weather app) then you will need to turn OFF location services for the Apple weather app... hope this helps.

Sep 18, 2014 12:43 PM in response to M5Marco

I noticed this problem too and I have location services turned on. What I did was went to the native Apple Weather app and let the location services find me. It took more than a few seconds longer than normal but once it located my city I closed the app. Then when I dragged down to see the notification center the weather magically appeared.

Sep 18, 2014 12:49 PM in response to M5Marco

I've noticed that the weather app, while updated to use weather.com now, can't seem to find my location. It adopted my previous settings prior to the upgrade, but the 'auto-found' location has the wrong city and the wrong time.. I assume that's the data used on the notification Today screen, and as such, can't be displayed.

Once I hard-reset, this was functioning.

Also, if you turn off the TODAY summary, it will turn off the weather as well. For those of you using the Yahoo Widget.

iOS 8 - Weather in Notification Center Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.