Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did photostream and Cameraroll go in iOS 8?

I can't seem to find my photostream or Camera roll albums in iPhone 5 and iPad Air running iOS 8, in addition, the All imported album on iPad, which is the accumulated total images imported to the iPad through the camera connection kit, is now gone, as well.

I have enabled iCloud Drive, but I cannot work out how to use it, can anyone help?

The biggest frustration is actually the missing photostream and camera roll

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 3:22 PM

Looks like they were lumped in under "collections."

169 replies

Sep 17, 2014 3:34 PM in response to Adam Cao

I think I figured it out.

Taking a photo in iPhone or iPad put the image into "recently added" on both devices, deleting it will delete from both devices. This replaces the photostream functionality completely. I suspect images in this folder vanishes after 30 days, so the only way to look at all your photos is under collections.

On the iPad, however, I am still missing All imported Photos, I suppose apple deleted this just like they did to camera roll. I am now forced to view all imported images under "Collections", which of course consists of a lot of random crap like screen shots, rather than a folder dedicated to proper photographs from my DSLR

Sep 17, 2014 6:22 PM in response to Adam Cao

I'm upset about this. I like Camera Roll. Give me an option to view all photos. I don't just use it for memory lane. I use trying to search today for a screen shop I took of my menswarehouse number. I couldn't find it. It wasn't in recent cause I took it a while ago. I don't know what collection it was cause it was by it's self. When scrolling through the pics, it was very inefficient cause only a few small pics would be there at a time. Collection shows pics too small. There is too much wasted blank space with the new collection sorting. I just want to see all photos, like the "recently added" album, but I won't to be able to continue to go back.

APPLE!! upset. SMH

Sep 17, 2014 7:22 PM in response to Jeamesfigh

I'm very unhappy about this change as well - I much preferred it when I could separately view photos captured on the device that I'm holding in my hand, and elect whether to keep them on them device, or not, without at the same time removing them from photostream. They are different places - the device and the cloud - and I want to be able to view and control them separately.

But remember. Our whining about it here is meaningless. If you're unhappy about this, tell Apple at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html . Maybe they'll listen and restore this basic functionality.

Sep 17, 2014 8:05 PM in response to Adam Cao

I Found a work around that seems to work and look just like camera roll!!!

First open photos,

You should be in "moments" mode in photos. Every photo should be

there by date. A lot of useless white space and a share toggle for each group on

the right.

Tap the SELECT memu item at the top of the screen by the search magnifier.

Now all of those Share buttons become SELECT buttons.

Tap each one of these SELECT buttons (they turn to deselect) as you want together.

Now that they are all selected...

Tap the ADD TO option that appeared at the bottom of the screen.

You will be presented with the Apple decided albums and one that says

NEW ALBUM.

Tap NEW ALBUM and you will get a pop up asking for the new albums name.

I used... Camera Roll but you can use whatever you want.

Now from the Albums mode I have Camera Roll and all the photos are there and

it looks just like the camera roll of old.

I Hope this helps!!!!

Sep 17, 2014 8:17 PM in response to Adam Cao

I'm really confused as well. In the past, I used Photo Stream as a backup of the last 1000 photos on my iPhone, and however many photos on iCloud, and Camera Roll to store my new, unorganised photos.

I'm guessing this used too much data for Apple, and they decided to STOP letting people store so many photos in PS. Now, there is no distinction between PS and CR on the iPhone in iOS 8. Deleting a photo in Recently Added deletes it from Photo Stream as well. PS is now more like a cloud version of CR. So much for my photos everywhere. The good news is you can see all your PS photos on your iPhone. The bad news is your PS has been drastically reduced. They're forcing you to clear your PS if you want any semblance of organisation (no, Moments is useless at this).

So, what seems to have happened is:

• Old Photo Stream deleted/inaccessible
  • Contents of Camera Roll on all devices moved to new Photo Stream
  • Photo Stream and Camera Roll (on all devices) are now one. New photos from any device are pushed to Recently Added on all devices

The only thing I don't get is my new Photo Stream has photos that weren't on any of my Camera Rolls. So it looks like some old Photo Stream photos survived.

Where did photostream and Cameraroll go in iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.