Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 camera roll is missing!!!

The missing camera roll is a nightmare!!!

Worst iOS experience ever. Honestly spoken I am thinking of replacing my Apple stuff by other devices. Again the "greatest" Update ever was promised, but I do not see anything great at all. I realy feel cheated now!

And the missing camera roll really annoys me. The collection is a very bad experience because most of the places are simply wrong and now there is no way to go chronological through all of my photos. Of course I can create an album with all of my photos, but how does it help? Should I add every single new photo I take?

I hope a lot of users are of that opinion so please reply and Apple will here this. Looking forward to the first update!

iPhone 5s - iOS 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 11:45 PM

170 replies

Sep 17, 2014 11:48 PM in response to sash86

The Camera Roll and the Photo Stream have been combined into a single album called "Recently Added". This was done to address the users who did not like having to delete the photos in multiple places, and is undoubtedly a configuration that is staging the full implementation of iCloud Drive (which will replace iPhoto in the months to come).

Cheers,

GB

Sep 18, 2014 5:22 AM in response to sash86

You can still see your photos chronologically in the Photos > Years > Collections settings. The old Camera Roll only showed the order in which they were added to the Camera Roll, not the order in which they were taken. For example, if I saved a picture from an email into my Camera roll that was taken on January 15th, but it was currently March 15th when I did so, then it would be entered into the Camera Roll after my most recent photo.

Just use the Photos > Years > Collections to view your photos chronologically.

iOS 8 camera roll is missing!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.