Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 Can't access control center from home screen

After updating to IOS 8, I can no longer access the control center by swiping up from the home screen. I can only access it from the lock screen. I have tried with the setting "access control center from apps" both on and off. Swiping up doesn't work except on the lock screen. Not on home nor in any apps. I can only get to control center by locking the phone (power button, then home), then I can swipe up.

I miss quick access to the calculator and do not disturb buttons.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:55 AM

Settings > Control Centre > Access Within Apps: ON

Also try a reset:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

46 replies

Sep 18, 2014 10:16 AM in response to BrianK99

I Am having this problem on my ipad 4th gen and my work ipad air.

swipe up control center works fine, then it doesn't. i restarted my ipad, when i turned it back on swipe up worked normally for an hour or so. Now it has stopped working.

it stopped working after i hit a notification at the top of the screen.

this is the 4th or 5th time I've had to restart the ipad to get swipe up working again.

Sep 24, 2014 4:33 AM in response to BrianK99

I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 4S. Also I can't scroll though the stickers on one of my third party messaging apps. This is usually resolved for a short while if I close and re-open the app, but the problem persists shortly after. I can't swipe the drop down menu on home screen either. The only swipe command working properly is the search iPhone function. 😕

Oct 22, 2014 12:36 PM in response to elijahfromclarkesville

What model of the iPhone do you have, you do not indicate that? Do you have Control Center turned on in Settings for the Lock Screen? It seems that resetting is the only troubleshooting that you have tried. The balance of user troubleshooting steps are restore from backup and if necessary, restore as new, not from a backup. Also, do you have a case or screen protector on the device? Lastly, make sure that you are starting your swipe from off the screen itself.

Oct 22, 2014 1:02 PM in response to BrianK99

after updating to IOS8.1 my I-Phone 5 showed my looking screen in maximum zoom, so it is impossible for me to activate it again (can`t type in my codenr.:) I tried to reset it or try to connect to I-tunes no success at all. need help immediately.

any advice are welcome by the way my next try to activate should be in 56 minutes, gosh I thing apply buried with steve also the quality of its products

Thomas

Oct 23, 2014 10:24 AM in response to BrianK99

I have found that although this doesn't work with my iPhone 5, on my iPad 2, if you swipe up from the dead centre of the screen, basically starting with your finger immediately below the lit portion of the screen and immediately above the Home button, it seems to work every time.

Regrettably this doesn't work on the phone where I would use the feature much more often. Ah well, let's hope Apple takes notice and fixes it sooner rather than later.

IOS 8 Can't access control center from home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.