Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see Sharepoint with iOS8

Just Upgraded my iPhone 5 with iOs 8.

Before the upgrade I was able to connect to internal IIS 8 Webservers (Sharepoint and a couple of other IIS applications)

Now I get the Authorisation questions and then the page remains white .

It seems to happen with IIS Web applications. Passive browsing is not affected.

Tested the behaviour with a iPhone 5S runnig iOs8 and the same.

Please fix.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 4:31 AM

38 replies

Sep 22, 2014 1:57 AM in response to BigDaveH

Adding my voice to this one.

Environment - SharePoint 2013, claims based authentication. Safari will occasionally load part of page, but then on completion will blank the page out. Does present with request for username and pw

Chrome works fast, displays all information.

Our linux system is also unable to load its authenticated user pages.

Device - iPad Air 32GB wifi only - iOS 8.

Sep 23, 2014 8:32 AM in response to BigDaveH

Same thing happened with iOS 7. They broke Windows Authentication in Safari when iOS 7 was released. It wasn't fixed until iOS 7.0.3.

Looks like the fix didn't make it into iOS 8, or they did something else to break it again. (One has to wonder if this is on purpose...)

If Apple would allow us to choose the default browser, we would just switch to Chrome where it always works...

Our enterprise has stopped all iOS 8 upgrades and iPhone 6 purchases until it is fixed.

Sep 26, 2014 6:56 AM in response to BigDaveH

iOS 8.0.2 rolled out yesterday and I had high hopes for Safari to be fixed with SharePoint site. Initially after the update was run SharePoint site was fully functional as it should be. However after a power cycle of the iPad Safari reverts back to the same behavior with not loading the site. Seriously this is inhibiting needed functionality. If this is what I'm going to have to deal with, then maybe I should consider Surface Pro's for my guys in the field.

Sep 26, 2014 7:05 AM in response to CCI_INC

Did not fix it for me either. On an iPhone 6 with 8.0.2, it did ask me for my login & password four times and then I saw our SharePoint home page. But clicking on anything on the page just hung it (spinner spinning at the top of Safari forever).

On a iPhone 4S, I never see the SharePoint home page even after entering the login & password multiple times. It almost appears to be some kind of timing issue, with the iPhone 6 being a faster device.

At this point, we are telling people not to upgrade to iOS 8 and to hold off on buying the iPhone 6.

Sep 26, 2014 7:43 AM in response to CCI_INC

We are using SharePoint 2013 and it does not work. And it is not just SharePoint. We have other internal web apps that use Windows Authentication and it does not work with those either. Chrome works fine will all of them on iOS 8.

James Ward4, are you using Windows Auth or Forms Auth?

And CCI_INC, you are correct about iOS 7. When iOS 7 first came out, it did not work with sites using Windows Auth and was fixed in iOS 7.0.3. Hard to believe they left out that fix in iOS 8 - I suppose it could be a different bug.

Unfortunately, Chrome is not really an option for us because we have a workflow system that sends out hyperlinks in emails that go to our Windows Auth sites, and Apple will not allow a default browser other than Safari, so tapping a link in an email always goes to Safari.

Cannot see Sharepoint with iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.