Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini incredibly slow after io8

SSo since I stalling io8....which took hours....my iPad Mini is wrecked.

It is now so so slow, despite my memory not being anywhere close to full. Certain apps have stopped working, even though they've updtated to fit in with io8. It's freezing constsntly, and when I type it takes a good few minutes for my text to show....this is like problems you have on an ancient comouter....shouldn't be happening to a four month old iPad. At the moment its pretty ,unchanged useless, which is ridiculous after spending so much ,only only a few Months ago.

ANyone else experiencing problems? I apologise for the bad typing, this has taken ages to type up on my ipad.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 6:56 AM

Try a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2014 6:56 AM in response to Ruthrebecca

Try a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Sep 20, 2014 4:48 AM in response to Ruthrebecca

I also have an iPad mini with iOS 8. I have not experienced any of the problems listed above, but my Wi-Fi connection is slow, I cannot create events in Calendar without problems, my Multitasking Gestures sometimes don't work, the Multitasking screen appears with a delay, and Keyboard shortcuts disappear after I restart my iPad.

The problem that I am experiencing with Calendar: When I try to create an all-day event, it will make the event start 1 day earlier than I specified and end on the correct date. So every time I create an all-day event, I have to go back to the event to correct the start date and move the end date back by 1 day. For example, if I created an all-day event for today only (20 September), it will instead create an event for 19-20 September.

The Multitasking Gestures problem mainly occurs when I want to access the Multitasking screen from the Home Screen. I swipe up with four fingers, but most of the time it doesn't work. When I double-click the Home button, I have to wait around 1 second before the Multitasking screen appears.

After I installed iOS 8, I noticed that my keyboard shortcuts were not working. I checked them in Settings and they were gone. I added them back, but after I restarted my iPad a few days later, I once again noticed that they were not working. As soon as I opened Settings, they appeared and have been working since.

I am hoping that Apple will fix these bugs, as they are rather annoying!

Sep 22, 2014 4:39 PM in response to Ruthrebecca

It is not only the iPad mini. I have an iPad 2 and once I installed IOS 8 it became so slow, it is horrible to use. It is so frustrating. Apple software ***** more and more with every release. I also tried to install IOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and it failed several times, now I am not going to install it until Apple figures things out!. what happened to Apple release flawless products? LONG GONE!!!

Sep 28, 2014 2:58 PM in response to Ruthrebecca

I feel every word of this post.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687162/how-to-downgrade.html

The difference was chalk & cheese iOS8 also rendered my iPad Mini useless.

It wasn't just a slow wifi issue like loading pages or content the entire machine would lag opening apps (no not running 6 million in background) and ESPECIALLY typing.

Done reset

Done setup new

Updated via itunes

Best fix was to just rollback to 7

Sep 29, 2014 1:57 AM in response to dtklamf

Well you cannot go back to 7 so that is not best anything.

my iPad is same as yours, ios8.0.2 is same as yours so as mine is fast and works almost perfect it must be other software or settings on yours.

• Backup
  • erase all data and settings
  • Set Up as new ipad
  • try that, I bet it works great
  • then restore what you need.

Sep 29, 2014 2:08 AM in response to LD150

yeah righto chief best stick to giving answers about what you know because simply put I just went back to 7 an it works as fine as the day I unboxed it.

and I'm not interested in any little side stories about iOS 7 every single person reading this knows full well it refers to the latest available version of 7

iPad mini incredibly slow after io8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.