Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error installing icloud 4.0 for PC

I'm attempting to install the icloud windows PC 4.0.3.56. Everything runs great right up to the end, when I get this message. Any ideas?

User uploaded file

iCloud 4.0-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:44 AM

61 replies

Nov 16, 2017 9:57 PM in response to michaelfrommontgomery

I had the same problem now in Nov 2017 with windows 7 pro 64 bit

I was installing icloud version 7.1

Kept getting the windows installer error when the install reached the removing back up files stage.

So i looked into the logs in the temp folder and it told me what was failing !

"Action RuniCloudUpgrade, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\, command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloud.exe /upgrade"

So I ran the install again waited for the error and left the install app open

then could see "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloud.exe"

tried to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloud.exe /upgrade" from a command prompt. then the error displayed was : "the procedure entry point winsectrustevaluate could not be located in the dynamic link library CFNetwork.dll"

I closed the install app ( and all the files vanished)

So i looked at the CFNetwork.dll it was old 2011 v1.52.2?

I found a newer version CFNetwork.dll V520.26 replaced the existing with the new and was about to try the install of icloud V7.1 when i thought hang on is Itunes still working?

No it was not !

I put the old CFNetwork.dll 2011 v1.52.2 back in place Itunes now works fine again.

Then I thought the version of itunes does not match icloud v7.1 installer

then I found System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support

it stated for icloud 7.1 i needed itunes 12.7(and windows 10)

I have itunes 12.0.1.26

I then looked for a older version of icloud

I found serveral here http://icloud.software.informer.com/download/

Version 3.1 installed and works for me so far.(additions and deletes to contacts by pc or phone are mirrored)

so try and older version of icloud and always check the system requirements of the App.

What A Day!

Sep 18, 2014 1:44 PM in response to michaelfrommontgomery

Im having the exact same problem. Even followed their suggestion of downloading only, and installing the update manually - and still nothing. Even tried downloading iCloud from this site, but its only v3.1 and not v4.0

Reinstalled 3.1 and then tried applying the update - and got the same result.

I don't know why Im so frustrated, iCloud for WIndows only worked when it first came out - and for me anyway, hasnt worked in months. And judging by the number of complaints on the boards - Im not the only one.

Hope theres a quick fix, and that everything works once its fixed.

Sep 18, 2014 1:54 PM in response to Woody316

i am having the same problem or nearly the same issue / problem. i uninstalled 3.1 and it is not in all programs or in any folders or files in on computer but yet go to control panel in computer and icon for iCloud is there. I reboot and the iCloud log in comes up pops up without having to prompt it via a desktop icon. Now I can not update to iCloud 4.0 or whatever it is and it is very very frustrating. But nobody on forum wants to chime in to help or give any info or help on how to correct the problem. Hope someone out there can help out and give a solution / fix for this.

Sep 18, 2014 5:15 PM in response to michaelfrommontgomery

Yup, same problem... Was prompted to upgrade and after looping a couple times, downloaded the MSI as instructed. Same result. Sooooo, uninstalled Version 3 and downloaded the 60 Meg plus "new" install file from Apple... same error as above. This is not mission critical for me, but nonetheless annoying as I work through the gazzilion upgrades happening on my iPad and some doggy programs issues.

Sep 18, 2014 7:56 PM in response to michaelfrommontgomery

I am having a major problem installing icloud 4.0 on my windows 7 machine. I get the following error:

"Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\CAF968BD96E20E11ABD610A0FD7D0258\14D02E18772C625439D42F83A09 FB187. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel"

I was able to trace this in the registry and of course I don't have permissions to access the key. But I was able to find that it points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\AOSkit.dll

So interesting I simple cut and pasted the AOSKIT.dll to the desktop and reran the icloud 4.0 installation again and it went a little farther I saw it create a new AOSKit.dll file but the date is wrong it say 7/31/2012. Anyway the installation still failed giving me the same error.

Sep 19, 2014 6:13 PM in response to kaytaro

I too tried this method, but it still gives me the same error. I give up. As long as iTunes is working, thats all i really care about anyway. I have a great photo transfer app that uses my Wi-Fi to download and upload photos and videos to my phone and iPad2.... so i guess i can live without iCloud for PC .... until they fix this.

error installing icloud 4.0 for PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.