Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access exchange email after update to ios 8 on iPad 2

Updated my iPad 2 to ios8. Now I can't access my exchange account anymore. Anyone got the same issues?

What I tried so far:

• Restarted my iPad
  • deleted the account and installed from scratch without success.

Still the same error: "Accountinformationen konnten nicht überprüft werden" (german, translates like "account credentials couldn't be verified").

And yes, I am sure the password is correct, internet access is ok.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 11:41 AM

21 replies

Sep 19, 2014 12:16 AM in response to kussaued

Followup:

After the update to iOS 8 on my iPAD 2 something strange happened: the exchange mail on my Android device stopped working too!

How on earth is an iOS update related to a problem on an Android device? 😕

Then I heard about some "iOS 8 wifi bug", and disabled the wireless on my android mobile to force it to use a mobile connection: and the exchange mail started working again using UMTS!

I guess I have to read more about that wifi bug...😮 Somehow the iOS 8 update messes up my local wireless network and exchange access gets problems?

Sep 22, 2014 10:31 AM in response to tck1000

I have had the same problem connecting to Exchange on the iPhone 6. My 5s connected with no problems at all. After several attempts, I finally got the 6 connected this morning. try this...

Settings -> Mail, contacts, calendars-> Add new account-> Exchange

enter your network info (username, password, etc then domain, server, etc.). Save your settings then shut down and restart your iPhone 6.

I did this over cell service versus wifi- not sure it matters, but I saw others suggested doing this.

Sep 23, 2014 7:31 AM in response to Odberlin

Hi there

I have about 150 iphones here and right now two are doing as described above...

I have tried doing a full erase and starting with a fresh profile and it's still the same... It states that the inbox was updated but no mail shows.

I have tried this users account on another iphone 5S also running ios 8 and I'm getting the same symptom.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Micah

Can't access exchange email after update to ios 8 on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.