Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air, iOS 8 and random reboots with blue screen

I Updated my iPad Air 16gb wifi model with iOS 8 yesterday and since then I am facing random reboots with blue screens. Is this a known issue or am I in trouble ?

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 11:33 AM

339 replies

Sep 19, 2014 10:49 AM in response to Techno_funky

Altho I didn't get any blue screens after upgrading to 8.0 some aps stopped working but actually bigger issue is with wi-fi. After connecting to wi-fi speed is OK (speed test) but after going into video streaming app like youtube speed fals extremely, even below 1Mbs (should be 60) So if any wideo works its in lowest quality. After reconnecting to wi-fi I got "speed" back at least in test.... I didn't had this problem with 7.1.2 and other devices works fine.

Any Idea what to do with it? I'm new to Apple hardware so please help 😟

(got iPad Air 32Gb WI-Fi)

Sep 19, 2014 2:58 PM in response to Techno_funky

I used to have that annoying Safari 'crash' bug with my iPad Air 128Gb from new. Sadly, It stayed in the iOS-7 upgrade.

But now with the iOS-8 upgrade the Safari 'crash' bug has gone, but within 30 minutes of upgrading Safari did a BSOD & rebooted the iPad Air.

I've had it occur twice now, both times while using Safari. Crazy weird... I never expected a Blue Screen of Death on an Apple product!

Sep 20, 2014 12:36 AM in response to Techno_funky

I updated the IOS 8 which was around 1.3Gb.It took ages to update thinking this update was worth a shot.Turned out my whole weekend is screwed up,the apps that i generally use like in games DEAD TRIGGER 2,GOD FIRE in apps GARAGEBAND,SAFARI they all make the ipad to reboot with a blue screen.The only thing i used my IPAD Air now is for facebook thats it.I regret to upgrade without reading the reviews of you guys.Please APPLE SUPPORT try and fix this ASAP.

iPad Air, iOS 8 and random reboots with blue screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.