Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 voice dialing, "Just to confirm..."

What a huge step backward in the usability of my iPhone. Instead of telling Siri, "call Mom mobile" and getting the response "calling Mom mobile" followed by the call going through, Siri now responds with, "Just to confirm, would you like to call Mom?". It may not sound like much but that extra step plus the required response from me makes it slower to use voice dialing than to remove the phone from my pocket and dial the number. Oh please let there be a way to switch this 'feature' off.

Posted on Sep 18, 2014 7:35 PM

27 replies

Oct 1, 2014 11:57 PM in response to Hatrabbit

I ran into the same problem after upgrading to iOS 8 and it's REALLY annoying.

However, today I stumbled upon something that seems to have fixed the problem on the contacts that I've tried it on so far.

Here's what I did:

1) I changed the last digit of the contact's phone number (by adding 1) and then I saved the contact record

2) I changed the last digit of the contact's phone number back to what it needs to be (by subtracting 1) and then I saved the contact record again

After I did this, I used Siri to call the contact and she called without the "Just to confirm..." prompt. I had one or two contacts that this didn't work on right away so I had to repeat the process, but it eventually worked the second time around.

Again, I just stumbled upon this today so I'm not positive it's a permanent fix but it looks promising so far.

Oct 11, 2014 11:26 AM in response to EB-7

The phone number change tip did not work for me.

But I figured out that I had another problem.

I had two contacts with the same phone number; one for the name of my wife and the other one just called 'Wife'.

The solution was; I deleted the contact that had the name of my wife. (Siri could never understand my saying my wife's name.)

Now I'm able to ask Siri to call 'Wife" and Siri just does it.

iOS 8 voice dialing, "Just to confirm..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.