Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay not showing when Apple TV is sleeping

Hello,

prior to updating my Apple TV to version 7.0, Apple TV showed on my MacBook and my other devices when it was sleeping, and selecting it would wake the Apple TV up.

Since the update, when the Apple TV goes to sleep, the icon disappears. Is there an option I need to activate in order to restore my Apple TV's behaviour back when it was in version 6 ?

Thanks

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:24 AM

22 replies

Sep 19, 2014 3:17 AM in response to ATRus747

I think there must be a bug somewhere. As you will see there are lots of threads (but no answers) regarding this problem. When ATV is sleeping it does not show up in the "units" section of the Remote App either. You have to wake it with the ordinary remote controle to make it appear in the "units" section of the Remote App. I think this is the same problem that you are adressing

Sep 20, 2014 8:49 AM in response to ATRus747

Im seeing the exact same problem, used to be able to wake the Apple TV from the phone before the recent update, now have to use the remote control first. Wish I had not bothered updating now, all I've gained is issues (internet radio prob too), and no new features at all as far as I can see (I don't count new looking icons as a "feature"). If it is relevant, I have NOT updated the software on my phone, still on ios7.1

Sep 21, 2014 8:57 AM in response to ATRus747

I hope this a bug. I have 4 x ATV3, IOS8, OS 10.9.5, wired Ethernet. After the update to ATV 7.0 the Airplay icon keeps appearing and disappearing in the menubar of my Mac Book Pro while the ATV goes in standby / sleep mode. Didn't do that prior to the update 7.0. Before the update all 4 ATVs were visible in sleep mode clicking on the Airplay Icon doesn't matter on which device. Apple should better test things like that before rolling out new OS updates of ATV. 😟

Sep 22, 2014 2:18 PM in response to rschloma

I'm having the same issue - 3x ATV 3rd gen, w/ latest iOS. iTunes doesn't see them while sleeping and the iPads cannot see them either. I hope Apple fixes this soon, because this is BS. Restarting the devices or 'restoring' didn't do a **** thing. It's not wifi or ethernet either, because all my ATV's are hardwired with Ethernet.

AirPlay not showing when Apple TV is sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.