Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 ipad stuck in grayscale

I upgraded an Ipad Retina display to IOS 8 and now the whole thing is stuck in grayscale. Moving the grayscale button back and forth does nothing. Restarting it does nothing. It seems to be permanently in grayscale now. Ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 8, IOS 8 Bug

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 8:12 AM

Hello R3trop,

You may need to disable grayscale in your Accessibility settings.

See the screen in grayscale. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Grayscale.

iPad User Guide - Invert Colors and Grayscale

http://help.apple.com/ipad/8/

Cheers,

Allen

17 replies

Sep 29, 2014 12:57 PM in response to R3trop

R3trop - Happened to me on the iPhone and stumbled on your post. I had also clicked on invert colors in Triple Click, so the Triple click only switched between inverted colors and grayscale.

Went back to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut. Try to uncheck the options or also check two options on Triple Click give a small pop up with the checked options - uncheck grayscale in the pop-up. This worked for me.

Hope it works for you! All the best

May 16, 2015 3:23 PM in response to bobseufert

THANK YOU! My IPad was stuck in Grey Scale and everything I tried didn't work, but for some reason, when toggling the zoom option in accessibility it turns the grey scale off, I can no longer use the zoom shortcut (triple tap on screen) anymore though as it enables the grey scale feature every time I turn it on. Sorry you had to reset your device but hopefully if it happens again you can prevent it using this method.

ios 8 ipad stuck in grayscale

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.