Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an iPhone 6 under metro pcs

I have an LG Spirit 4G LTE and was wondering if I can simply switch the SIM card from Spirit to iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). If not so simple, then is it even possible to have an iPhone in metro pcs?

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 12:31 PM

21 replies

Sep 19, 2014 1:36 PM in response to Rudis AGJ

You can buy an iPhone unlocked. I do not know the answer to your Metro PCS question, but it has been confirmed that the iPhone can be purchased unlocked when you buy the iPhone 6 direct with Apple at full price (not subsidized). There are three iPhone 6 users on MacRumors who swapped their ATT card on a Contract Free (unlocked) T-Mobile and they worked fine, only report from the iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 users is that they are getting a text message from ATT to upgrade the SIM card, but the phone works perfectly unlocked when the T-Mobile phone is purchased at Apple direct.

Sep 22, 2014 2:12 PM in response to Rudis AGJ

Yes you can. I bought the iPhone for Tmobile (which is unlocked, and can be used with ANY service provider in the world) and took it to my local MetroPCS store. All I had to do was purchase the SIM card for it because it's not the same one as the other phones. This was like $15. I asked if it worked the same as having it on ATT, they said yes. The only thing is that you can't buy insurance for it, so I suggested adding the Apple Care.

Oct 12, 2014 1:50 PM in response to Rudis AGJ

I was able to use an iPhone 5s on Metro that I had used previously on T-Mobile, but remember, that phone uses a nano sim, so it's not just a matter of taking your sim card out of a non-Apple phone and putting it into an iPhone. Metro sells you a nano sim for $20, I believe.

What I'm hoping someone knows is whether Metro is now willing to do the same with either iPhone 6.

Oct 15, 2014 9:53 AM in response to Rudis AGJ

Yes, you can buy an unlocked iPhone 6, and yes you can put it on MetroPCS. But I will tell you from personal experience, I did it and I ended up having to return my phone. I don't know for sure if it was the phone, itself, or the service, but I kept losing my connection as soon as I was out of Wi-Fi range.

I've been Googling "iPhone 6 signal issues" and finding a LOT of other people with the same problem and they are from different networks, so that makes me believe there's a flaw in the phone, itself. So far, Apple has not taken responsibility for the flaw - and it's a shame, because the iPhone 6 could be the phone that dreams are made of IF it worked correctly and didn't have those signal issues. (Also check YouTube for the iPhone 6 signal issues - people have tested and proven there is a flaw.)

Oct 16, 2014 12:45 PM in response to Susan74NJ

I was able to use an iPhone 5s on Metro that I had used previously on T-Mobile, but remember, that phone uses a nano sim, so it's not just a matter of taking your sim card out of a non-Apple phone and putting it into an iPhone. Metro sells you a nano sim for $20, I believe.

What I'm hoping someone knows is whether Metro is now willing to do the same with either iPhone 6.

Can I use an iPhone 6 under metro pcs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.