Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Safari webpage photo upload problem

I have an iPad (3rd generation) that I use to upload photos to a web app through a standard form field (file attachment upload). After upgrading iOS 8, the upload hangs and eventually times out. With iOS 7 I could click on the form field button and it would ask to open the camera roll, then I would upload the photo with no problem. With iOS 8, everything is the same until I choose the photo for upload - It stalls and times out. I've seen some other threads with people having problems uploading photos to Facebook (through the their web app). Has anyone had this problem and found a work around?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 1:11 PM

38 replies

Sep 19, 2014 1:21 PM in response to OBU IT Services

I've had the same problem.

Actually, I can't get Safari to even launch - I am currently using 1Password's web-browser right now to type this.

Using the 1Password browser (which probably is just Safari with a shell), I have the same exact issue uploading photos - it hangs on the pop up that would normally let me selected a photo from my camera roll.

Sep 20, 2014 12:56 AM in response to OBU IT Services

Already tried it: same problem. As with three other browsers I tried.

Obviously I have the same issue: since upgrading my iPad2 to iOS8, I cannot upload images to websites anymore. I first noticed this with Facebook. It's becoming increasingly annoying. And not only that, iOS8 has brought me more problems: websites freezing in Safari, a new (but not particularly improved) manner of closing the last open tab (took me the better part of an hour to find that one out!), and Safari and other internet-connected apps suddenly being veeeerrrryyyy sssllooooooooowwww.

No, Apple, this update can in my book not be classified as an improvement. And please don't give me that cr*p that this could be expected considering the fact that I have an aging device. If that was the problem, you shouldn't have published the upgrade for my device.

Sep 20, 2014 10:26 AM in response to Kael Elendil

We are having the same problem with both the iPad Air & the iPad 2 after upgrading to this POS iOS 8. We cannot upload photos to ebay, photobucket or any website without it failing. Better part of 3-1/2 hours trying to find a solution. Tried to go back to iOS 7.1.2, but it will not let me. I hate Apple products, but these keep getting shoved down my thoart by our company.

Sep 23, 2014 10:35 AM in response to GrandmaRose7

SAme problem here.

I can't upload any photos, it times out and says 'Safari cannot open page' Everytime.

II've been trying since the update at the weekend.

tried re setting, closing apps but nothing's worked.

i Need to know if Apple can fix this or if there's a way to go back to ios7 ASAP.

its not only a social problem, there're people that need to be able to do this for work!!

Sep 23, 2014 12:10 PM in response to OBU IT Services

Yep. Chrome or Safari won't attach photos (as attachments) using webmail with hotmail, gmail or Yahoo mail.

Same here also. IOS and all apps up to date. Gen 2 iPad. Will not attach photos in webmail for Hotmail, gmail or Yahoo mail. With CHrome or Safari

Nothing. They all act like they are attaching the file but just sit and the status icon just spins, and spins, and spins.

Before IOS 8, there never was a problem....Makes me glad I'm using and Android phone.

They broker their own sh^t? Sheesh!

iOS 8 Safari webpage photo upload problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.