Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Incorrect after IOS 8 update

I have been receiving several of these Password Incorrect messages when I try to check my email accounts since updating to IOS 8. This is happening several times a day and I have to reenter the passwords and a few hours later I will get the same message again. My saved password for Facebook also keeps deleting itself automatically and I have to reenter it several times a day. I have done a master reset of my phone and I've also delete my mail accounts and reinstalled them and I'm still getting the same message. I'm attaching a photo of one of the messages that is popping up on my phone.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:56 PM

38 replies

Sep 26, 2014 2:59 AM in response to lbspiro

Have you installed the latest update iOS 8.0.2? It fixes the bugs introduced by the iOS 8.0.1 update:

iOS 8.0.2

This release contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

• Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store

• Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode

• Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library

• Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

• Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages

• Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases

• Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups

• Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Sep 29, 2014 7:53 PM in response to springfieldxd40

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have updated to 8.0.2 and still cannot access any of my mail accounts having double and triple checked the passwords.

[Edit]

I totally forgot about two factor auth with my gmail accounts. For anyone who has had the same issue you'll need an app specific password, I found this article helpful: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/w8YsYHFsYC8

Sep 30, 2014 11:36 PM in response to springfieldxd40

I experience it with IOS 8.0.2 as well. This has not been fixed. I can not get a wifi connection even while using the correct password.

I have tried hard resetting the phone and my iPad. But this does not work. Apple suggests to make a backup and then resetting the phone and iPad to factory settings. I do not know if this will work. Seems stupid to have to reinstall everything again!

Oct 3, 2014 1:30 PM in response to springfieldxd40

Just circling back to report. After installing 8.0.2, I see no change. I am still getting, what seems to be random, "Password Incorrect for..." messages. Sometimes I enter the password and it solves the problem for awhile. Other times it will not except my password and keeps asking until I have to hit cancel. If I then go into Mail settings I can erase my password and re-enter it. That seems to satisfy it for awhile.

I thought I would note, I am not having any Wifi issues. I am also get the certificate warning message a lot as well.

I forgot to add, The problem started on my 5S but I got a 6 on launch day that I set up from scratch without loading a back up. It of course is having the same problem.

Password Incorrect after IOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.