Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6/iOS 8 Portrait Rotation Lock

Hey All,

Just got my iPhone 6 today, and the first thing I noticed was that the screen will not rotate. I tried the usual by going to the control center, but the Portrait Rotation Lock was already in a disabled state. I toggled on and then back off, still no luck. Tried powering down and back on, still no luck.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 3:43 PM

51 replies

Sep 21, 2014 6:23 AM in response to JetPackPanda

I have the same problem. Portrait orientation lock is OFF and the screen will not rotate on ANYTHING. I have a new iphone 6 so I don't know if it is a glitch in the phone or IOS 8. But from reading the posts sound like its a problem with the new IOS. Apple needs to get a fix out immediately as this will cause a lot of buzz on such an important feature not working. Not to mention, how it is even possible for the new IOS and phone to be released with this being missed.

Sep 29, 2014 11:12 AM in response to reznelson

Try this. It's worked without a single issue for several days now.

Did some more testing and what has worked thus far is this: turn on reduce motion in accessibility and do a restart (hold home button and power button until phone restarts). Go back to accessibility and make sure reduce motion is still in the "on" position. Been working for almost a whole day.

iPhone 6/iOS 8 Portrait Rotation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.