Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen yellow tint?

Just got my iPhone 6 and the screen seems to be dull with a yellowish tint. It's especially noticeable when the screen is next to my iPhone 5. Anyone else having this issue? I had it on my 4S and Apple swapped my phone twice. I'm hoping not to do that with my iPhone 6 and wondering if anyone knew what the deal was.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:54 PM

122 replies

Sep 20, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Spectre206

My iphone 6 has yellow tint (warm temperature) at bottom left and top right and rest of the display is more cooler. 😟 Athletejmv is right since most of the iOS interface is white it is quite noticeable when you look at your phone in dark surroundings. Scary thing is I went to my local iStore to look at the demo units, and all of them! I am not kidding! all of them have some yellowing in different parts of the screen ( 90% bottom part near home button ). And the irony is majority of the users would not notice it. But once you see it, its hard to undo that from your brain xD

Sep 20, 2014 11:26 AM in response to athletejmv

I have iPad Mini Retina and it has same problem!! bottom half yellow top part cooler 😟. Took it to Genius bar here in UK, they don't even spot it when its so obvious. I guess Apple started training them to not acknowledge these display defects. I called Apple care today and chose to drop in my iPad through post for a replacement so I can avoid these geniuses and hope to get one without uneven colour calibration

Sep 20, 2014 11:27 AM in response to gam3r

I went through that and it was a bit embarrassing. I gave up after 7+ iPad Airs. I read a lot and couldn't accept discolored backgrounds. Hopefully display manufacturers and Apple will work something out in the future. I haven't seen an iPad Air yet without uneven screen tones. Sorry to hear about your screen :-( no fun and frustrating.

Sep 20, 2014 11:37 AM in response to gam3r

That looks about right. There were many jokes when I read through forums about the color looking like someone peeed on the screen before sealing it off to be shipped. Kind of like a chef that spits in your food lol. The screen doesn't look too bad, but I would find something like that very distracting and a complete turn off. As I previously mentioned though, sorry about your luck. I would only keep it if I needed to have it for work. The iPad for me is a convenience item.

Sep 20, 2014 11:59 AM in response to gam3r

Ha ha, I use to say that when I was trying to find an iPad Air without yellowing...just one more and then I'll just live with it. I couldn't do it though and gave up. I hope it works out for you though! I'm actually heading out to an Apple store to purchase a Mini. It'll probably be another year before a refresh :-/ I'll probably look at the iPhone 6 display models.

iPhone 6 screen yellow tint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.