Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 landscape bug

I'm on an iPhone 6 but I noticed this on my iPhone5s which I upgraded to iOS 8. Most applications will not switch to landscape mode especially safari and messages. Toggling the orientation lock doesn't fix the issue either and I believe this is a bug.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 9:32 PM

140 replies

Sep 20, 2014 12:55 PM in response to avnyc11

Hi,

II've been having the same problem, and I'm on iPhone 6. It takes ages to go from portrait to landscape mode - sometimes going blank for a split second before changing. I've noticed it also happens quite a lot when ive not used the phone after 10 mins or so. Ive reset the phone, but not much has changed. Would anyone know if this is something that a firmware update can fix, or is it a hardware issue?

Sep 21, 2014 6:36 AM in response to avnyc11

I have the same problem. Portrait orientation lock is OFF and the screen will not rotate on ANYTHING. I have a new iphone 6 so I don't know if it is a glitch in the phone or IOS 8. But from reading the posts sounds like its a problem with the new IOS. Apple needs to get a fix out immediately as this will cause a lot of buzz on such an important feature not working. Not to mention, how it is even possible for the new IOS and phone to be released with this being missed.

IOS 8 landscape bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.