Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Share Sheet not saving reorganized services order

I love the fact iOS 8 includes some third party applications! This is so helpful!

Unfortunately, I have a little problem with the Share Sheet: my preference settings are not fully being saved.

What Works

The On/Off settings of applications is being saved. That does work. :-)

Problem

The order in which I organize the Share services is not being saved after I close Safari. :-(

For example, if I move Mail above Message, then Mail comes first in the Share Sheet (my setting). However, if I close Safari and reopen it, then Message comes first before Mail in my Share Sheet (default setting).

Comments

This is not a big problem, but is a small annoyance in such a cool new feature, and makes me a little wary about how well the Share Sheet will continue to work overall.

Workarounds

Either do not close Safari, reorganize the Share services each time, or scroll to the right for my preferred (by set by default to be low on the list) services.

Hardware: iPhone 4S, iPad 2

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 7:14 AM

16 replies

Sep 20, 2014 3:56 PM in response to SherylS

I'm having the same issue. I called AppleCare about it, and they told were surprised to find this "bug" in iOS 8. After putting me on hold for 15 minutes, they said that the only way to solve this problem was by not closing the Safari application. Even if I don't close the application and run a memory intensive application, my iPhone shuts off Safari to make up for all the lost memory. Let's hope they fix this in the next iOS 8 update.

Oct 14, 2014 7:52 PM in response to SherylS

Similar comments comments can be found in ipad forum at Can't rearrange share sheet icons(Share extensions)!

I have found that the sort order of extensions is determined by order of installation of the apps. If you want to change the order, simply delete the apps from your iPhone and reinstall them in the order you want them to be listed on the share sheet. However, you have no control of the order of Apple extensions, such as Mail or iMessage.

Jan 9, 2016 8:06 AM in response to WGrose

I also till have this problem on a 6S running 9.0.2. I'm wondering if it's related to restoring from a backup when I got my new phone—do you know if maybe you restored from a backup and your wife did not? In other words, have either of you done a "Setup As a New iPhone" since this bug was supposedly fixed?

Very frustrating!

iOS 8 Share Sheet not saving reorganized services order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.