Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Bluetooth

My iPhone 6's Bluetooth won't work in my car. The devices pair correctly and all my contacts' information is synced as normal but no calls can be made. My partner's iPhone 5 (not yet updated to iOS 8) works so I know it's not a problem with the car. I have done various resets of the car's/phone's Bluetooth as well as doing a hard reset if the phone. Does anyone have any thoughts?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 9:58 AM

8 replies

Sep 20, 2014 7:36 PM in response to Manfymoo

I've had lots of problems with my iPhone 6 and bluetooth pairing. It took about 45 minutes and many many tries to get it to pair with a UE Mini Boom speaker. It also had great difficulty pairing with a Polar H7 heart rate sensor. Again it took many many tries, and when it finally said it did pair, it didn't actually work. And then it wouldn't unpair with the sensor at all.

Nov 11, 2014 1:44 AM in response to Manfymoo

I have a similar problem. I recently bought the iPhone 6, and had no problems with it, until it came time to pair it to all my bluetooth devices. It paired OK to my headset (Plantronics Legend), but at random times, for no reason it disconnects from it. It paired OK with the UConnect in my Dodge truck, but it absolutely WILL NOT pair with the J&M bluetooth module on my motorcycle. Had NO problems what ever with the iPhone 5 running IOS 8 with bluetooth pairing to anything - worked flawlessly. What the heck did they do to the bluetooth in the iPhone 6 to make it so crappy? FIX IT SOON APPLE!

Dec 23, 2014 5:35 PM in response to Blue.Knight

Me, too. Same problem. Connects and disconnects ever 5-6 minutes. I had help from Plantronics tech support -- even updated the firmware on my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset -- which didn't help. But Apple tech support, which is usually wonderful in my experience, denies any knowledge of a problem. They ought to read this user site and the many people posting problems with it.

Iphone 6 Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.