Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't dismiss notification on iOS 8

i have been having some issues to dismiss the notification bar that appears on the top of the screen. I used to dismiss it by swiping it up. After I upgraded to iOS 8, my gesture doesn't work when I'm using some app like Facebook and get a notification from another app like Whatsapp. I swipe up and the notification freezes and won't go away until I press the home button, wich weirdly makes the notification go away but won't bring me back from the app to the home screen. This is really annoying. Someone else had this issue?

I am using iPhone 5S. Didn't upgrade any of my other products to iOS 8 yet.

this is the very first time I come to the community forum to complain about some issue on any of my apple products, wich have never let me down (except for minor issues wich I resolved quickly by searching for it in here) until now.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 1:01 PM

32 replies

Sep 21, 2014 7:38 AM in response to philippeafa

Yeah I have this problem too. But I don't think it's freezing on us, I think it's just there has to be a new way to dismiss them. I am waiting for a new notification to come in so I can try swiping left and right... But in my opinion this is a design flaw. They should allow you to swipe up, it makes the most sense. And moving your thumb all the way down to the home button doesn't flow.

Sep 26, 2014 5:58 PM in response to philippeafa

I Have the same problem as Philippeafa & so am repeating:

i have been having issues to dismiss the notification bar that appears on the top of the screen. I used to dismiss it by swiping it up. After I upgraded to iOS 8, my gesture doesn't work when I'm using some app like Facebook and get a notification from another app like Whatsapp. I swipe up and the notification freezes and won't go away until I press the home button, wich weirdly makes the notification go away but won't bring me back from the app to the home screen. This is really annoying & frustrating.

I am using iPhone 5S & iPad Air

Can't dismiss notification on iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.